Luxe Tipis

bcbower

FNG
Does anyone have experience with the luxe tipi series? Looking at getting an Octopeak tipi. The price point is lower then Seek outside tipis of the same capacity. Does this matter? Also liking the stove luxe has. Recommendations would be appreciated!
Thanks.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Do a search in this section and you'll find several threads discussing the Luxe tipis

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR
I have a review of the hexpeak on my blog and really loved that shelter. I have an octopeak as well and the quality is all there just the same for the price it is hard to beat. I also tried the minipeak and preferred the square layout so sold the mini peak and hexpeak and went with the XL mini peak. I run a tarp early season, the XL later season when it is just me. Octo for multiple people. I have the inner netting as well for it for when I have the kids and wife

NUGGET

WKR
They are ok. I used one last year and for the price they are ok. Had roughly 8 days in it in the spring and another 8 on a sheep hunt in august.

I don't know shit about fabric but its defiantly not made out of the stuff kifaru and seek outside makes their products with. That's probably the price difference.

Not sure if weight is a factor for you or not but I would compare that first if thinking about packing it in for a hunting camp. I haven’t eased their tipis but I do have a few of their nests that I use in a SO Redcliff and they seem to be well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

bcbower

FNG
I have a review of the hexpeak on my blog and really loved that shelter. I have an octopeak as well and the quality is all there just the same for the price it is hard to beat. I also tried the minipeak and preferred the square layout so sold the mini peak and hexpeak and went with the XL mini peak. I run a tarp early season, the XL later season when it is just me. Octo for multiple people. I have the inner netting as well for it for when I have the kids and wife
Read the article. Greta read. Thanks for the response!

jmike

FNG
I bought hr Megahorn 4 man last summer. 2 trips for deer hunting, at one point we solid rain for just over 12 hours and it was totally dry inside, on the second trip it was down into the low teens at night and we were totally comfy. it works fine for 2 guys and gear

I am running the Seek Outside XL stove and love it.

My partner just got the Megahorn XL 8 man for November elk hunt, yea its a little more weight but the comfort factor is well worth it.

Ordered the octopeak with stove Feb. 17 and still haven’t received anything from Luxe. I have been keeping in touch with them about the order in which they are blaming on UPS, but UPS says they have no record of package being delivered by Luxe, only the billing information. Luxe will not return my calls and only responds via email saying that UPS has it all wrong and the package will show up at some point. I asked for a refund as of this week and they don’t respond to that. They only say it will show up, which I respond saying asking asking at which point is enough, enough and I get my refund. Still waiting for something to arrive or a refund, but Luxe no longer responds to that other than that I need to talk to UPS. They will not themselves apparently. Has anyone had this terrible experience in customer service from them? I have been very understanding and patient but I’m beginning to wonder if this company is a scam or very least just terrible at doing business.

T28w

WKR
That sucks. Maybe start a thread and luxe can chime in as they are a sponsor on this site.
I ordered the same setup and have been pleased with purchase. Seems they send tracking info when u order, is that correct?

I would just file with my credit card company and have the funds credited to my account, if you paid by credit card.

Would never have this issue with Kifaru or SO. Owner of luxe—>I hope you read this. If you don’t make this right. This platform will bury your business.

That sucks. Maybe start a thread and luxe can chime in as they are a sponsor on this site.
I ordered the same setup and have been pleased with purchase. Seems they send tracking info when u order, is that correct?
They did provide tracking info, but it hasn’t moved at all. Still shows it in their home state. I just don’t get it. They could have even sent another package if they thought it was lost or hung up somewhere to make it right. I don’t have much money, and things are getting worse. I chose Luxe for that reason knowing there would be a compromise as compared to seek or the others made in US, but didn’t expect this.

Pezboat

WKR
They did provide tracking info, but it hasn’t moved at all. Still shows it in their home state. I just don’t get it. They could have even sent another package if they thought it was lost or hung up somewhere to make it right. I don’t have much money, and things are getting worse. I chose Luxe for that reason knowing there would be a compromise as compared to seek or the others made in US, but didn’t expect this.

I think you might want to give them a break considering the current climate we’re in. I’ve got several packages out there that are just sitting in limbo. I think a lot of areas are shut down or completely understaffed. 1 package of mine (not from Luxe) has been sitting for3 weeks now. No movement. No word about what’s going on.

isu22andy

WKR
Buddy of mine ordered a luxe and got it within 4-5 days about a week ago. Dont listen to the Kifaru SO fanboys. They are likely telling the truth. Lots of good reviews with luxe. Hopefully they make it right.

sneaky

"DADDY"
If tracking info says it hasn't moved I would get my money back from my credit card company and use that money for something useful right now, especially if you're on a tight budget. Say what you want about Kifaru and SO, but this would never happen with either of those companies.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My ire would be directed at UPS. They do this exact thing all of the time.

Granted, Luxe could be more accommodating, but they probably made the item and shipped it out UPS. UPS then lost/misplaced the package, and they really don't give a shit. I have had virtually this exact thing happen at least half a dozen times, and it is always UPS. Their tracking thing on line is absolutely stupid. They will give you an estimated delivery date and when that comes and goes they just quit updating. I hate having packages delivered by them. Anyhow- my .02c

Ordered the octopeak with stove Feb. 17 and still haven’t received anything from Luxe. I have been keeping in touch with them about the order in which they are blaming on UPS, but UPS says they have no record of package being delivered by Luxe, only the billing information. Luxe will not return my calls and only responds via email saying that UPS has it all wrong and the package will show up at some point. I asked for a refund as of this week and they don’t respond to that. They only say it will show up, which I respond saying asking asking at which point is enough, enough and I get my refund. Still waiting for something to arrive or a refund, but Luxe no longer responds to that other than that I need to talk to UPS. They will not themselves apparently. Has anyone had this terrible experience in customer service from them? I have been very understanding and patient but I’m beginning to wonder if this company is a scam or very least just terrible at doing business.

Yes, it is unfortunate that UPS does not know where your stove order is. It's one of those perfect storm scherious on what is going on globally right now. We would have shipped you a new stove long ago, but there is none for the last few weeks, because of a backorder issue. :-(

We have issued a full refund for your lost item. Enjoy your new stove, if and when it shows up.

Pro Tip: Do not ship things Ground right now when ordering any hunting gear from any company. Pay for the extra Air shipping options. This will prevent your order from sitting in the middle of the US in a train somewhere.

I have a Luxe Megahorn and love it. I will very likely purchase from Lux again soon. However, it is disturbing that it took the OP posting here for this to get straightened out. As for myself, for a Rokslide sponsor, I expect much better customer service.