Manual winch: Wyeth Scott Power Puller

Mosby

WKR
Anyone have experience with the WS Power Puller? I am considering getting a manual winch for my truck and these seem well made. Made in US and not China is high on my list but I am open to other suggestions.

It's been a while since I got stuck enough to use a winch but it happens and I don't currently have one. My wife tells me that an electric winch with a custom bumper isn't in the budget and something always beats nothing.

KClark

WKR
25 years ago I bought one at a yard sale well used for $10 because it looked to be a better setup than the average come along. Since then I have used it hundreds of times off road but mainly here on the ranch. It won't pull your truck from 2' of Eastern Montana gumbo but it will get you unstuck most of the time if you have enough gear to go with it. It's inseparable partner is a good High Lift jack, preferably 60".

If something happened to mine I'd buy another one immediately.

FLAK

WKR
I have one, mainly just for pulling fence but should work in a pinch for a truck
if you're not buried. Might want a couple of them along with chain, cable and
clevis hooks. Have you considered a Hi-Lift Jack?

OP
Mosby

Mosby

WKR
I have one, mainly just for pulling fence but should work in a pinch for a truck
if you're not buried. Might want a couple of them along with chain, cable and
clevis hooks. Have you considered a Hi-Lift Jack?
I have a Hi-lift and could use it in a pinch but the clevis pin is limited to 5000 lbs and simply would prefer a separate winch for pulling. The gear fairy has been trying to get me to buy the off road kit for $60 for it but I keep talking myself out of it.

OP
Mosby

Mosby

WKR
I ordered a WS Power Puller. Got it 15% off and free shipping from Treestuff.com. Best price I could find. In process of organizing my recovery equipment, straps etc., into a single container. Cleaned and lubricated my Hi-Lift as well. Need to clean and sharpen chainsaw I use for hunting trips. Get some fresh canned fuel and bar oil, a couple bags of sand and everything should be pretty good to go for the fall.