Mathews 2021 V3 Review

jingalls

Lil-Rokslider
I have never owned a Mathews. I typically shoot a bow for many years so after 12 seasons with my Bowtech Sentinel it was time to try some new bows out.
I shot 2 Bowtechs, a Prime and the new V3 Mathews in both lengths

My archery shop suggested I shoot the new Mathews. I’ve never liked a thick grip and that was always my beef about a Mathews. I agreed to shoot them after holding the V31 and was pleasantly surprised how good it felt.

I was shocked at how smooth, quiet, easy aiming and fast it was! I wanted to buy another Bowtech. But I had to admit that the V31 was all around better bow compared to all that I shot. I shoot 27” draw at 65# with a 530 grain, 28” Kinetic. The V31 was actually 64# and was faster than everyone else by 5-10fps.

Les you are spot on with your review! My new Mathews should be in my hands by the end of March. Can’t wait!!!

I shot it with just a rest and sight attached, great bow but that short bow still scares me. I’m trying to like it but if I buy the shop will have to put a quiver and arrows on it So I can see how it feels. The adding stabilizers to a bow to counter balance is absurd.

I posted about how the VXR is way too top heavy for my liking. It would be nice to see the V3 at say 34-35 inches with a 7 inch brace height.

The V3 bare bow was very nice, no comparison on quietness of the shot, vibrstion etc vs the 3 hoyts I shot all at the same time.

Last edited:

BigWoods

WKR
I shot it with just a rest and sight attached, great bow but that short bow still scares me. I’m trying to like it but if I buy the shop will have to put a quiver and arrows on it So I can see how it feels. The adding stabilizers to a bow to counter balance is absurd.

I posted about how the VXR is way too too heavy for my liking. It would be nice to see the V3 at say 34-35 inches with a 7 inch brace height.

The V3 bare bow was very nice, no comparison on quietness of the shot, vibrstion etc vs the 3 hoyts I shot all at the same time.
If you're a longer draw (29.5+), you should check out the Mathew's Atlas.

I’m 29 on the draw so too short for the Axis. The bow I shoot now is 41 inch bow from Mathews a 2000 era bow.

just crazy how they don’t offer a mid 30s ATA bow for the general population.

I was thinking of a new bow, but I’ll most likely just hold off.

jingalls

Lil-Rokslider
I have always shot a longer bow. So I was surprised how that 31 shot. With that long riser and larger cams. This bow does not feel or shoot like a typical short axel bow. In my opinion I think people will be surprised if they try it.

SheepDogRob

Lil-Rokslider
I donated my 2017 Obsession Hemorrhage to my 15 yo son so I could talk the wife into a new bow this year. I went in thinking I’d buy a Hoyt but after shooting it, it just wasn’t for me. I was disappointed in how it shot and it didn’t meet my expectations so I went back a shot the VXR and the V3 31” and was instantly sold.

I’ve had my V3 for a couple of months now and it’s a shooter. Dang quiet, smooth draw, back wall feels comfortable like I could sit there all day. I have the #75 mods and despite the weight, it’s very smooth and easy to draw. It’s a good looking bow too

I’m 29 on the draw so too short for the Axis. The bow I shoot now is 41 inch bow from Mathews a 2000 era bow.

just crazy how they don’t offer a mid 30s ATA bow for the general population.

I was thinking of a new bow, but I’ll most likely just hold off.
I am a 29 draw as well. The V3 27" shoots perfectly for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GNUOY

FNG
I’ve had peep rotation several times. Perhaps it’s just me being picky but I also feel like they aren’t the same quality as some aftermarket strings. I upgraded the strings on my last Hoyt Carbon Defiant and noticed a huge change in consistency and and feel. Just my opinion. The Zebra strings come on Mathews bows for a reason. They aren’t bad just want something different.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
bapicella