Maven's CRS Riflescopes Jan2022 Release

Just that much of a teaser? I’ve seen a lot of sale emails from them lately but possible I missed one advertising the CRS. Any chance we can get some additional info or specs?
4-16 I assume it’s a capped turret but will dial reliably. Weight?

Firehawk

WKR
Excited to see how this scope performs. My experience with the C series from Maven is that they usually outperform their price range.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Just that much of a teaser? I’ve seen a lot of sale emails from them lately but possible I missed one advertising the CRS. Any chance we can get some additional info or specs?
4-16 I assume it’s a capped turret but will dial reliably. Weight?

I do know the two versions (3-12X fixed parallax and 4-16X adjustable parallax) will be available for sale AND shipment by the end of next week.

To tease a little more, dropping and a 27oz deadblow were involved.

PXL_20211229_222452344.jpgPXL_20211229_183525176_exported_34952.jpg

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
CRS1_Lifestyle_01.jpg

"Maven Introduces New CRS Series of Riflescopes Featuring the Brand’s Award-Winning Components and Exceptional Value

LANDER, Wyo. (Jan. 5, 2021) – Maven Outdoor Equipment Company, a Wyoming-based direct-to-consumer brand known for offering world-class optics at affordable prices, has introduced an all-new CRS Series of riflescopes featuring the brand’s award-winning glass, high-end components and proprietary reticles.
The initial product lineup consists of two models, the CRS.1 (3-12x40 SFP) and the CRS.2 (4-16x44 SFP). Each model is built with the same extra low dispersion (ED) glass found in Maven’s award-winning line of C Series optics. As a result, the products offer exceptionally clear, bright and high-contrast images with excellent color rendering.

Additionally, both scopes are equipped with a new CSHR reticle specifically developed for the CRS Series. A unique version of Maven’s popular Simplified Holdover Reticle, the CSHR offers 0.25 MOA/click units for quick and easy adjustments and holdovers. Both models also utilize a second focal plane optical system that allows the CSHR reticle to be crisp and clear at all magnifications.

“We developed the CRS lineup based on requests from our customers, the popularity of our other C Series optics, and the opportunity to fill a void in our product offering,” said Brendon Weaver, Co-Founder and Head of Design and Marketing for Maven. “Now, in addition to our premium RS Series, we can offer hunters and shooters a wide range of high-quality scopes to serve any need and budget.”

The CRS.1 ($450) is designed to meet the needs of most hunting situations with a 3-12x zoom range and a 40mm objective lens on a lightweight footprint and streamlined profile. The CRS.2 ($550) offers a generous 4-16x zoom range with a 44mm objective lens and a side parallax adjustment for users seeking additional long-range capabilities.

CRS.1
CRS1_01.jpg

Known for offering exceptional performance at a fraction of the price of leading competitors thanks to Maven’s D-to-C business model, the C Series represents the brand’s mid-range line of optics. With the introduction of the CRS lineup, Maven now has a full offering of C Series optics, including binoculars, spotting scopes, monoculars and riflescopes that are all covered by Mavens unconditional lifetime warranty.

CRS.2
CRS2_01.jpg

About Maven
Maven is a Wyoming-based direct-to-consumer brand known for offering world-class optics at affordable prices. By cutting out the middleman and selling directly to the consumer, the company eliminates retail markups, and is therefore able to produce affordable products using best-in-class components. The result is high-quality optics offered at an exceptional value and covered by a lifetime warranty.

Media Contacts
Nathan Borowski, Backbone Media
[email protected]
(970) 963-4873 ext. 1171"

CRS.1
CRS1_02.jpg

CRS.2
CRS2_02.jpg

Attachments

• Maven CRS Series Launch.pdf
    136.1 KB · Views: 9
Great, thank you. So it looks like the turrets are easy to turn just by gripping on the ring. I think the lack of reset-to-zero and zero stop is a bummer though. Doesn't seem like an expensive add-on, but would make a big difference to those who want to dial longer range shots.

If they didn't sacrifice anything else in terms of quality, are they saying that the simpler reticle, the lack of optional custom turret caps, and being SFP vs FFP are what make up the $650 difference between the CRS.2 and RS.1? Am I missing something?

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Great, thank you. So it looks like the turrets are easy to turn just by gripping on the ring. I think the lack of reset-to-zero and zero stop is a bummer though. Doesn't seem like an expensive add-on, but would make a big difference to those who want to dial longer range shots.

If they didn't sacrifice anything else in terms of quality, are they saying that the simpler reticle, the lack of optional custom turret caps, and being SFP vs FFP are what make up the $650 difference between the CRS.2 and RS.1? Am I missing something?

When you remove the threaded cap over the windage/elevation turrets, the dials are easy to turn. The CRS series is however intended to remain capped and not to be dialed for each shot.

Yes, those features, as well as 30mm vs 1" main tubes, etched vs wire reticle, customizable colors, are where the cost difference comes from. I think those things add up. Just in the example of the CRS series, parallax adjustment adds $100 essentially. When you add a few more features you mentioned using the adjustable parallax as an unofficial example, I think it is a fair to see where the features/$ difference is.

JFK

WKR
Looks like a nice durable scope. Those MOA hash marks make zero sense though. Shoulda just given people a duplex or do MOA’s at 2-10 with some wind holds. No one is holding 20 MOA. Also the tube mounting length is really tight. I never understood how scopes are getting longer but mounting length is getting shorter.

Looks like a nice durable scope. Those MOA hash marks make zero sense though. Shoulda just given people a duplex or do MOA’s at 2-10 with some wind holds. No one is holding 20 MOA.

Agreed. I wonder what the thinking was on that. I just feel like with the number of people aspiring to shoot/hunt at longer distances these days why they didn't want to make an exposed or resettable-zero turret scope to compete with the likes of the VX-3 and the Viper. Not everybody (read:me) can afford the VX-5/Razor/Sightron/Nightforce lines (though even Sightron has an FFP/zero stop scope under $800). I have been happy with my Burris Veracity scopes, especially at the price point. I guess the bottom line is that I really love Maven glass and want one of their scopes, but also really want it to be dialable!

ErikT

FNG
Excellent article and review!

Now I have to decide between the CRS.2 and the RS.1. I am setting up a 1984 vintage Smith & Wesson 1500 (Vangard/Howa 1500) .270 to take to Idaho for deer and elk this fall 2022. It seems that the CRS.2 would be a super solid option for a lighter-weight and budget friendly no-frills scope for this rig. On the other hand, I am considering stepping up to my first "high class" glass and the RS.1 would be nice. (Side note: I'm also looking at picking up a set of Maven B1.2 10x42 binos for the trip as well)

Living in Pennsylvania, all of my rifles wear low-end Leupold VX1 scopes and I make limited trips to hunt "out west". Going forward I may hunt in the western states every other year or so. Being an eastern guy I have zero experience shooting at animals beyond 200 yards. For this trip I am thinking to tune and practice for shots out to 300 yard range but obviously shots could be further.

Any advice on a mounting system options for either of these scopes on a 1500 action would be appreciated. I see the author was running a pic rail and vertical Warne mounts. I am not a fan of the aesthetic of vertical mounts for some reason but any advice on specific mounts and ring options would be appreciated.