Meateater - Benchmade Boning Knife Meatcrafter

It seems like they used good steel and Benchmade produces good knives, but that price is a bunch. I am sure they will sell a truckload.
I am not their target consumer for this product, so it is a no from me. Even if I was looking for similar product I think there are knives that would complete the job for at least half the cost.

I’m curious. I don’t tend to spend that kind of money on knives but I guarantee there’s fanboys in here talking shit about this knife that have dropped $275 on a Kifaru knife. From what I’ve seen Benchmade makes a solid knife. I don’t plan on buying this blade but interested in the reviews.

22lr

WKR
I think the Meatcrafter looks to be a very well thought out knife and it looks purty! Appears to be made out of very good steel and the price reflects that, plus some. I just can't pay $300 for a knife... my DNA literally prevents that. But hey, at least he didnt go the Bear Grylls route... so I commend him for that.

It's a premium offering for people that just enjoy premium things. Were all guilty of it in one way or another *cough* optics, rifles and UL gear *cough*

KSP277

WKR
I really like looks of that fillet knife, 240 is high but I’d drop that on a good knife I’d use a lot. That’s less than some it y’all paid for your britches 😂

Sadler

WKR
It’s funny that I thought this knife was expensive. I then started thinking of how expensive the gear I have beside me right now is ( Swaro BTX, Swaro ELs, CA Ridgeline, Leupold MK5, Kifaru setup, WM Bag) and man, that price ain’t too bad!

Last edited:
I am a fan and don’t begrudge rinella for commercializing to make a living. I have some $$$ knives that I use in the field but never felt the need to spend as much on something that is only going to see use in processing game.

Trial153

WKR
I have the Doizer, and I also have Gene Ingram Kingfisher. Both compare well or better then the Bench made and both cost as much but come with a couple year wait
For the benchmade, i have owned several on whims. I am not a fan of semi custom production knives for the most part however i do recognize that they have place in the market. I always felt and still do that you can smaller shop customs for the same money and more vaule.
That said this knife seems on par for price and materials.

Wapiti1

WKR
Good steel choice, nice blade design. I like some flex in a knife like this, so I'd have to use it to see if I like it. My preference is a heavy fillet knife. Phil Wilson has the best that I have used. I like the Dozier the OP posted, but I don't like taking care of D2 steel all the time. There are better steels today with the powder met technology.

$300 is not an expensive knife. You guys need to get out more.

Jeremy

It’s a nice, semi custom production knife with above average materials. I think it’s a tad over priced for what it is, I won’t be buying one, but that doesn’t matter. Just like rifles, you are going to have your tikka/savage guys, Christensen/fierce guys, then full custom guys. No one needs a full custom 4K rifle to shoot something, but they are nice!
Some of you that think $300 for a knife is insane, I have some Halfface blades and RMJs that would make you blush. During season I spend a lot more time behind a knife than rifle.

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
Its really good steel for that price. $300 sounds expensive, but for a high end production knife, it really isn't a bad deal at all. I don't blame anyone for thinking it sounds like too much, but the buy once, cry once, mentality seems to reign supreme around here.