Memorial Hunt - recommendations

I’ll be planning a memorial hunt in honor of my Dad who recently passed unexpectedly, and I will have resources to pursue options including outfitters. Just now starting to do research but would appreciate any recommendations on particular areas or outfitters - this will likely be a once in a lifetime type hunt. I will probably stick with rifle but might entertain bow if it’s a few years out.

Thank you all in advance for the recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
Sorry for your loss my friend.

Probably should provide some info on your dad and the experiences you guys had and never got to have. Maybe some dream hunts he talked about. Location he never was able to go etc.

I'm sure we can provide some suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
WestTexasBestTexas
Thanks Marble. Being from West Tx we hunted plenty of whitetail, but we always talked about how much fun elk hunting would be. I have been preparing for western hunts for awhile so I have everything I need from an equipment standpoint.

It was more just general conversation instead o specific hunts - I don’t think Dad ever thought he’d get a chance to go because of cost, (and he was pretty content with his West Texas deer lease) but we always had New Mexico elk top of mind (elk anywhere for that matter) or high country mule deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNWGATOR

WKR
What a great way to honor your dad!

Mescalero Reservation in New Mexico comes to mind after watching Ryan Avery’s hunt with Swarovski.

Vermejo Park Ranch, NM. If you have kids of your own, maybe a great way to introduce them as well and turn memorial into new tradition.

Wapiti1

WKR
When I think memorial for someone close, I think epic adventure.

To me that is a Thorofare Wilderness hunt in Wyoming. Most remote place you can get in the lower 48.

Jeremy