Montana Muley

TS604

FNG
Heading to Northeast Montana in October with a group of family. We were fortunate enough to draw as two groups. With 10 people going I see some challenges. I am working on scouting with Onx right now but finding spots for this many guys is tough. Looking for recommendations. Would it be best to split up into two man groups and all go separate ways or should we look at sticking closer together?

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
Heading to Northeast Montana in October with a group of family. We were fortunate enough to draw as two groups. With 10 people going I see some challenges. I am working on scouting with Onx right now but finding spots for this many guys is tough. Looking for recommendations. Would it be best to split up into two man groups and all go separate ways or should we look at sticking closer together?

10 guys?! Be easy on the dinks out here

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
If it were me personally I would split into small groups (2 or 3 people) and get after it. Having more than three people (even if two aren't hunting) has become a rodeo for me in the past. As far as splitting up goes from the other groups, just have clear communication about where you are going so you don't overlap too bad. If you decide to hunt in a larger group make it very clear who is shooting first and second. With that many people shooting can become a hassle and/or dangerous pretty quick. Drawing straws is a pretty good fair method for this.

slobow

FNG
Cant say I have ever hunted with that many people...well maybe at the duck club. I would take your favorite friend or family member and get as far away from others as possible.

Cubby

WKR
Out of curiosity how much is a out of state buck tag now days? With 10 of you coming that's a lot of ground that could be covered so hopefully you guys bring like 4 trucks cause if not your going to be on top of each other. To be honest most private land owners would just laugh at you if a truck load of out of staters showed up asking to hunt

OP
T

TS604

FNG
Out of curiosity how much is a out of state buck tag now days? With 10 of you coming that's a lot of ground that could be covered so hopefully you guys bring like 4 trucks cause if not your going to be on top of each other. To be honest most private land owners would just laugh at you if a truck load of out of staters showed up asking to hunt
$700 with a bonus point. Ya hope to have 4 trucks and cover a lot of public land.

OP
T

TS604

FNG
lol this post will have some peoples skin crawling .
Ya I kinda thought of that after I posted. Everybody has those feelings about out of staters coming in. I suspect that we won’t make to much of a footprint. This is kinda a bucket list trip for my dad and uncle.

What district does your tags cover? That will help in determining were the best spots are.

coues craze

Lil-Rokslider
Not trying to be rude but I’d stay home before I went hunting with 10 people. You know what they say two is company three is a crowd.

OP
T

TS604

FNG
Not trying to be rude but I’d stay home before I went hunting with 10 people. You know what they say two is company three is a crowd.
I know, it sounds like a nightmare. Sorta a bucket list hunt for my dad and uncle. Hoping to get them a shot at some nice deer and have some fun with family.

NDhunter1

FNG
You will have plenty of fun with that attitude. What is everyone's expectations for size of buck? I would make sure to have spots that are spread (miles apart)r. Nothing more annoying than ruining the hunt for each other when you hunt to close together. Make sure to enjoy your hunt and not just be the guide for everyone else.