Montana refund question

Well I got a phone call from a 406 number just now.

It was FWP Director Worsech calling to apologize in person, and as the former head head of the licensing division, he felt it was wholly unacceptable. He said to call him personally again if I don’t get my check by next week. He was very personable and we chatted about a few issues facing MT and what they are doing to make things better in the future.

I also got an email back from Rep. Welch. saying he would be making some phone calls.

Needless to say I was impressed with both gentleman, especially Director Worsech. I’m not happy about the situation, but I am happy that these folks do genuinely care about what they do and the people they serve. Gives me a little bit of hope which I needed after much of the nonsense that’s been going on lately.

I know Director Worsech has made some unpopular proposals among the public land hunter crowd, ones that I personally disagree with, but I can say I respect the mans character and leadership.

I emailed Hank after the "1st choice only" permit debacle to say that as a Permit holder I thought the right thing to do was redo the draw rather than just give out more tags, knowing i might not draw on the redraw. He called and emailed me in response as well. From what i've heard from others, Hank is more responsive to joe blow hunters than some people I actually have a close relationship with would be. So he's got that going for him but it doesn't change that I'm still really down on the way the FWP has operated under his leadership.

It is unusual to know it's that easy to get the Director of the FWP on the phone though!

Received my refund today and envelope to return my “unsuccessful” general tag as one of those 1200 lucky winners

Now how did they time those up to arrive on the same day.
Haven't seen either...but I kind of figured my refund would hinge on returning my tag. I have this feeling it's going to be a PIA to get my PP back since thiae got wiped out too.

Got my refund check yesterday...So I now have a refund check, a tag, and my PP are still at 0. When I call FWP they said the PP system was down so they took my name and put on a "growing list" per the gentlemen I spoke with.

j_volt

WKR
Got my refund check yesterday...So I now have a refund check, a tag, and my PP are still at 0. When I call FWP they said the PP system was down so they took my name and put on a "growing list" per the gentlemen I spoke with.
My tag would get "lost in the mail"

Checked this morning have my PP back in my account. Just waiting to be contacted by FWP to tell me the tag I have is invalid. Getting the regular FWP emails so I know my email address is valid. I guess I am supposed to get a letter with an envelope to send it back?