Montana vs Wyoming

maine

FNG
I’m moving out to Bozeman in the spring for 1 year. I’ll still be considered a nonresident by the time hunting starts in Montana. Are my odds better focusing more time in Montana or Wyoming?

6.5x284

WKR
Nope first year applying out west

You’d want to be sure not to buy the point for MT so you’re in the 0 point random portion for the NR general. You’ll be hoping on the random for either. Even if you don’t draw, I’d grab a wolf tag for 50 bucks and go explore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
A MT license will allow you to hunt on one-day trips or weekends near Bozeman. WY is at least a 3 h drive so scouting and hunting opportunities will be limited unless you plan to make the long drive frequently.

Drawing a tag with no preference is not a guarantee (~50% chance in MT). Apply for both to increase your odds of hunting this fall.

OP
M

maine

FNG
A MT license will allow you to hunt on one-day trips or weekends near Bozeman. WY is at least a 3 h drive so scouting and hunting opportunities will be limited unless you plan to make the long drive frequently.

Drawing a tag with no preference is not a guarantee (~50% chance in MT). Apply for both to increase your odds of hunting this fall.
I think I’m going to do Wyoming (before the deadline next week) and MT. Thanks for the advice

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck in the draw. Hope to see you in the woods with a tag in your pocket this fall.

Huntnnw

WKR

last 2 years in the 0point pool has been over 70%

suda0402

FNG
When are you moving in the Spring? If you get here by April, you will be a resident by October, in time for rifle season.

OP
M

maine

FNG
Won't be until end of May. I also want to do archery in September