Moose vs Elk

Jhett_11

Lil-Rokslider
Question is for those who have done both.

1.) Do you like to hunt moose or elk more?

2.). Which meat do you like better?

Personally I like to hunt them both equally and I don’t think it’s even close IMO moose meat is way better!

Hunted both. Like hunting elk better but like moose meat better
Really? I read the meateater cookbook and he has sort of a list of game meat and has elk on top. I've only tried an elk heart so far so i can't judge either but this is interesting

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Without having hunted moose and most likely never will, I will say moose.
I’ve had a few elk and have thoroughly enjoyed them, but I need to keep my dream alive and thinking moose will be life changing (which it would be)

I have only had elk and am sure moose is great, but I have come to believe field treatment of meat is more important.

They are both good but typically pretty easy to tell apart (to me anyway) . Texture is different, moose is coarser/grainier. Good moose is a lot like grass fed beef.

Of course the individual animal....age, condition, diet, field care/conditions, will all play a part in what an animal tastes like.

Moose is hands down my favorite game meat that I have tried but I prefer to hunt elk over moose. Probably because I can hunt elk every year and it would be a stretch to do a moose hunt every year.

I like to bowhunt both and eat both....elk steaks are my preference for grilling. For roast and burger I’d give the slight edge to moose. Both are great meat.

I’ve hunted elk 52 consecutive years. Eaten quite a bit of it. Only hunted moose a couple of times, I prefer elk hunting. Perhaps because I ve eaten elk all my life I prefer moose, but elk is awful good.

Sorry guys... but moose & elk meat are too plain... not much taste or flavor. I actually prefer deer meat. I just talked to an outfitter in Montana.... he also prefers deer. So I guess I am not the only one who feels that way.

Hunted and harvested both. I love the Moose meat. Elk are fun as they are more vocal... I get to hunt elk every year, moose I am in year 3 of my 7 year wait here in MT...

Hyde

Love them both. Prefer moose meat but I don’t think I prefer it by much. A few years ago when I had my rotator cuff done was the first year in a pretty godnwhule that I didn’t have on eotnthe other in the freezer. I love hunting them both but maybe like elk hunting better? I love rivers and Mountians both so it’s really a tough call for me

Back