Most reliable ATV?

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
Big fan of the Can-Am 2up.

Kndvqze.jpg
WOW, what a couple of gagger monster whitetails! Looks like great country..

fey

FNG
Been looking at 2006 and prior honda 350s, would you guys suggest avoiding the ones that come with snow plows as they've likely been run harder? Or just go by hours/miles. I know that's often considered when looking at used trucks.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if snow plows will necessarily disqualify one but look at the body and under carriage to see how it was treated. I worked for a commercial spraying company that sprayed nfs and corps ground along the Missouri River and we used only Honda’s from 300 to 500 and like everyone said they just plain run. We had a foreman 400 fall off the trailer driving in the black hills and fell about 150 ft off a cliff and bent the crap out of it. We got down to it and it started up and we hobbled it back to the trailer. They are for work not comfort though. And we worked them harder than I would ever do to anything I personally owned crawling through burn areas with 90% down trees. So if you look at the body and frame and see welds then walk away otherwise they will most likely out last your interest in them. Good luck with your search.

Reactions: fey
Been looking at 2006 and prior honda 350s, would you guys suggest avoiding the ones that come with snow plows as they've likely been run harder? Or just go by hours/miles. I know that's often considered when looking at used trucks.
The transmissions and engines are literally unkillable...it's typically the brakes and suspensions that go out on Hondas, that's it...

Did a hunt last year with deep snow and mud. Saw a Polaris rzr broke down completely and an ATV that was limping along in 2wd. That was enough for me. So far my Yamaha Grizzly has been a good machine. Honda would be my next choice.

KineKilla

WKR
Our group has run Grizzlies for many years without issue. Ages range from 2003-2014, 550cc -700cc. We ride them hard and fast. Haul elk, deer and people and have never had an issue.

Here's my 2009 550 earning it's keep at home.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
e622137e309259eb2732c9f82c8abfd0.jpg

Spike elk

WKR
Had great luck with a 2007 suzuki eiger with manual tranny. Still have it and plow snow with it as well.

Honda Foreman 500 here. Over a decade of hard work on it. Spraying weeds, plowing snow, hauling out elk and deer. Solid rear axle = sturdy while towing trailers, log splitters or broken down machinery. never yet had a issue with starting or running. its not super comfy, but it works hard and has paid for it’s self 5 times over considering what it has been tasked with on the farm and at work.

KineKilla

WKR
Hondas are reliable as well but you used to have to pay an arm and a leg for one with independent rear suspension.

Solid axle in back kills when riding rocky trails.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

keller

WKR
Yamaha for me.ran my 01 big bear hard.. plowing snow for me and neighbors.pulling logs hauling gravel and wood..i burn wood in wi so approx 12 facecord per year over 20 years 240 face cord hauled out of woods then stacked..for the summer Then hauled into house for winter...
etc .it is still in use but I bought a new Kodiak esp se this year to take the load off. The power steering is awesome

I have a 2008 Arctic Cat that I've run for 12+ years with no problems.
Plug in heater for extreme cold of interior Alaska.
Outside 365 days a year (no garage).
I do change the differential/transmission/engine oils each year.
march_snow.JPG

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
My Honda Ranchers are 18 and 16 years old and need occasional basic maintenance. 1 needed a new top end a few years ago, and it was YouTube simple. I'm a Honda fan.

Boch5473

FNG
Honda all the way, not the fastest, others have better ride, not the most power. But for all around dependability they can't be beaten period. The Honda 4 stroke is about as bullet proof as you can by. I bought a new 350 rancher in 2000 with the basic maintenance, oil change, spark plugs, air filter change still going strong.

My Polaris Sportsman is A 2001 and still runs like a champ. Put a starter in it, couple batteries and regular maintenance. I use it for snow plowing, hunting and trail riding