Mount height for ctr and 50mm scope

T.C

FNG
I have a tikka ctr with stock rail and I ordered a trijicon credo hx 4-16x50. Wanting seekins mounts and wondering what height would fit best trying to stay low as possible for a good cheek weld without having to get a stock pack. Thanks

oldgrowth

Lil-Rokslider
The lows will just clear the barrel on a CTR but you most likely wont have enough room to fit a scope cap on the scope. I would go with the mediums.

Reactions: T.C

rharbaugh

WKR
I just mounted a Vortex PST to my CTR with Seekins "high" rings, here is the resulting scope clearance. unnamed.jpg

oldgrowth

Lil-Rokslider
I will see if I can find a picture tonight. I don't have them on my gun anymore because they were too low for me. It was less than an 1/8" clearance, maybe about 1/16". I could not get a scope cap to fit unless I had the sunshade on the scope.

OP
T

T.C

FNG
Ok thanks
I will see if I can find a picture tonight. I don't have them on my gun anymore because they were too low for me. It was less than an 1/8" clearance, maybe about 1/16". I could not get a scope cap to fit unless I had the sunshade on the scope.
Ok thanks buddy. I ordered the .87 I think they'll be good. Hoping I like the scope. Have a vx5hd 3-15x56 on my 223 t3x lite compact but not sure i trust the turrets so wanted to try something that has been reliable for others on my ctr 6.5

I had a 5-20x50 on a ctr with seekins low 0.87” I believe it was. I don’t think it was the 0.82 but I MAY be wrong.

it was as close as one can go but cleared

sdupontjr

WKR
I do this with all my optics before mounting. If your unsure, take some pennies, stack them up on the reciever or rail. Place scope on top of pennies. Keep stacking pennies until you get the desired height. Measure stack of pennies with caliper or such, that's the height rings you'll need to clear barrel. You can usually get that info from the manufacturer on the ring height.

OP
T

T.C

FNG
I do this with all my optics before mounting. If your unsure, take some pennies, stack them up on the reciever or rail. Place scope on top of pennies. Keep stacking pennies until you get the desired height. Measure stack of pennies with caliper or such, that's the height rings you'll need to clear barrel. You can usually get that info from the manufacturer on the ring height.
Yea ive done that I just wanted to order some mounts with scope. I've used the calculators also. I ordered the .87 and looks like they are gonna be perfect. I greatly appreciate the replies. Hoping I like the credo enough I can replace the vx5hd on other gun. The vx5hd is amazing in low light which I need just don't trust it dialing.

OP
T

T.C

FNG
Got the scope and .87 seekins and checked them on gun it clears fine but caps won't fit. The neoprene cover will so may just roll with them. .92 would have fit caps probably perfect. Will post a pic over weekend when I degrease everything and mount it.

OP
T

T.C

FNG
Got it mounted up everything decreased, loctited, and torqued. Turned out good just wish mounts were a hair higher for caps but will just use neoprene cover. The .87 seekins are bout low as could go. Definitely won't need a cheek riser so I'm happy about that.

Attachments

• 20230520_170407.jpg
    20230520_170407.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230520_170218.jpg
    20230520_170218.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230520_170519.jpg
    20230520_170519.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 9

oldgrowth

Lil-Rokslider
This mirrors my experience with the lows on my CTR. If you put a sunshade on the scope you will be able to put a cap on the front.