Mountain Hunting Should Be Hard

Hunting in the mountains should be hard. That’s part of what makes it special. Looking for huge advantages in propulsion cheapens the experience and will cause overcrowding. For those that want to take a motorized vehicle right up to the animals there are hunts on BLM and plenty of pay to play watch a corn feeder hunts out there.
When you think about hunting in the mountains does it conjure images with remote rugged country and challenges to overcome? If it doesn’t, maybe it’s just not for you.

Attachments

• D1EED6E6-4812-4B9D-A5B7-7030C87470D9.jpeg
    D1EED6E6-4812-4B9D-A5B7-7030C87470D9.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 05A18AB0-10C9-4529-91A0-1A6115E6C645.jpeg
    05A18AB0-10C9-4529-91A0-1A6115E6C645.jpeg
    523.5 KB · Views: 207
What I love about mountain hunting is that your level of success is proportional to your level of effort more than any other type of hunting.

The guys who fill tags every year generally work harder than 90% of the other guys generally speaking.

I shot a B&C buck on my place this year. It was cool, I’m proud of it, but it was admittedly almost pure luck.

Personally, my first elk (a cow) was a bigger trophy.

OP
Wyobohunter
Yeah I agree, just because I am handicapped and can’t make a long hike
doesn’t mean I am dead or ready to hang up my spurs and can’t find a way to compensate my weak spots.
horse or whatever
I can understand your point of view. So long as a person isn’t out to change the nature of the game I feel that making accommodations for the physically disabled is the right thing to do. If you get to legally park in those spots there are special accommodations. At least there are in WY:

Last edited:

bsnedeker

WKR
Lol.... how about you hunt your way, I'll hunt mine, and you can feel superior if that helps you sleep better at night?

I scout hard to make hunting as easy as possible. I'm trying to kill animals, I'm not trying to impress some random dudes on the internet with a superiority complex with stories about how tough I am.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Wyobohunter
BTW, I am not implying that hunting with horses is easy. I have friends and coworkers that use horses. I guarantee they put in more work than I do if you count the whole year.

BTW, I am not implying that hunting with horses is easy. I have friends and coworkers that use horses. I guarantee they put in more work than I do if you count the whole year.
No but there is a significant barrier to entry there. Owning horses or livestock is a huge commitment.

When I retire, as my body breaks down I’ll probably start hunting with either horses or llamas. By that point I’ll probably have the time necessary to devote to owning livestock. I’m glad that option is there.

But I’m glad both for myself and for the wildlife it takes effort to hunt them.

Lol.... how about you hunt your way, I'll hunt mine, and you can feel superior if that helps you sleep better at night?

I scout hard to make hunting as easy as possible. I'm trying to kill animals, I'm not trying to impress some random dudes on the internet with a superiority complex with stories about how tough I am.

Weren’t you the one that was just bragging about having 17 unfilled tags last year?

Ironic…

OP
Wyobohunter

Touchy?

bsnedeker

WKR
Weren’t you the one that was just bragging about having 17 unfilled tags last year?

Ironic…
I filled the only one that matters to me, so I had a hell of a successful season in my eyes.

I don't give a damn what you think about it.