Mountain Hunting Should Be Hard

Sweat beads up on my forehead thinking about the "horse track" wide stuff ! They say horses can sense fear. Man on the side of a cliff I would be dripping with it ! I can see it the wrangler gives me Old Paint .you know the docile one. Wow we've never seen Paint act like that before. Must of had flashbacks of his days on the Pro Rodeo circuit as a bronc horse ! You guys got guts
Here is a screenshot from a video. Not great but best I could.

Attachments

• DAB9C093-F3C2-4990-803C-AAC2D96942B7.jpeg
    DAB9C093-F3C2-4990-803C-AAC2D96942B7.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 27

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
💡
Compromise:
E-bikes are allowed anywhere horses are. The only catch is, if you witness a horse wreck you have to ride right up and inform the horseman that “e-bikes are no different than horses”. If you make it outta that first encounter intact and with your bike, you get a pass for life.

Consolation prize is a patch. And you gotta do it sans motor afterward.

😝
Thing is they’re not the same as horses. At all. Much less impactful on the trails.😜 But for the patch alone I’ll take the challenge. But then again I’d have to go buy one, so maybe I’ll just have to go without the patch for now.

OP
Wyobohunter
Here is a screenshot from a video. Not great but best I could.
🤢
No no… not for me.
I wouldn’t hesitate to walk that, or maybe ride my motorcycle, though I guarantee if it looks that bad in the picture, it’s worse.
I would not willingly climb aboard something with a mind of its own. Maybe I have trust issues 🤷‍♀️
It’d be like getting Mr. T to ride in an airplane.

Last edited:
OP
Wyobohunter
Thing is they’re not the same as horses. At all. Much less impactful on the trails.😜 But for the patch alone I’ll take the challenge. But then again I’d have to go buy one, so maybe I’ll just have to go without the patch for now.
I don’t know how your going to live with yourself 😃
These patches are going to be garage sale chique in no time. They’ll go for Pesos on the dollar. Your loss.

Gobbler36

WKR
Hunting in the mountains should be hard. That’s part of what makes it special. Looking for huge advantages in propulsion cheapens the experience and will cause overcrowding. For those that want to take a motorized vehicle right up to the animals there are hunts on BLM and plenty of pay to play watch a corn feeder hunts out there.
When you think about hunting in the mountains does it conjure images with remote rugged country and challenges to overcome? If it doesn’t, maybe it’s just not for you.
Agreed
Our culture is constantly looking to make everything easier to no ends in sight

Gobbler36

WKR
What I love about mountain hunting is that your level of success is proportional to your level of effort more than any other type of hunting.

The guys who fill tags every year generally work harder than 90% of the other guys generally speaking.

I shot a B&C buck on my place this year. It was cool, I’m proud of it, but it was admittedly almost pure luck.

Personally, my first elk (a cow) was a bigger trophy.
I love this about mtn hunting also