Mountainsmith mountain shelter lt

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah I will be setting mine up this weekend I hope. I will snag photos and take some measurements. Terrific buy on this Tarp.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
To much snow has been falling but this weekend I will get it setup and do some photos

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
As promised.

I setup my Mountainsmith Mountain LT Tarp Tent. Below are the pictures. Stats are 2 people 53 square feet of room. Lots of room for 2 plus gear or a palace for 1 plus all your hunting gear. Retails for 130$ But Ive seen it some places for 107$ Cant say enough good things about this Tent. Weight is 2.3lbs. Uses Trekking poles to Pitch it or you can pitch it with the Guy lines on 2 trees that are within range. Or you can get sticks in the woods that are 40 inches for the back and 53 inches for the Front.

Here are the Photos of mine with me in it. For reference Im 6' Tall 250 lbs.

More:

Super sturdy also You cannot blow this tent over I dont care what kind of wind you get. If I guy out the sides it gives you even more headspace and makes it bombproof. Just a bit smaller then the Kifaru Megatarp bigger then the super tarp.

Last edited:

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
As far as the length of or the width of the webbing stuff? Its 1 inch width its bout 2.5 inches from loop to the attachment on the tarp. Super impressed for 130 dollar tarp this thing is well made and everything is double stitched. I pushed on the pitch a lot to try and push over my poles yeah no go I bet I could survive easily in 70 mps winds with this thing. only problem would be updrafts getting under the tent with that much wind.

ScottP

WKR
any updates on use with htis thnaks alot guys!

I bought one this spring, and used it for a few nights on a wilderness turkey hunt. It it super fast to set up (I used cut sticks), and only took up one of the side pockets in my pack. It was windy the whole time, and its sturdy for sure. One spot we were camping on a exposed ridge in ~20mph winds.

Great choice for places where you don't have to worry about creepy crawlers or biting insects. Couple this thing with a lightweight bag and pad and you have a sleep system that weights ~5lbs, which is about equal to typical weight for a two-person lightweight backpacking tent. Plus the space is huge for 1+gear, and price is outstanding. Wish it came in brown or green colors though...

Solo Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know where these are available now? I looked could not find one in stock anyplace. It would be great if they made it in an earth tone as well. Greg

Sea37

FNG
The big brown truck dropped mine off tonight. It's not as bright as it looks in the pics, but it is still yellow.

Solo Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Overstock is out as is backcountry.com amazon and the other stores too that I see online. I asked our local rei if they can get one in but won't know for a couple days

luke moffat

Super Moderator

Solo Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Luke I will check that out just need room to sit up and like to keep gear inside. There are a lot of options from tent tarp and mod and bear paw, kifaru, golite that I have been checking out as well just not sure what's gonna work best. I wish I could buy them all :)....My experience is limited to using two man sierra designs tents and eureka gossamer-I also have used the Eureka Mountain pass 1xt. The gossamer I did not like more like a bivy really and the Mountain pass is just too heavy and not much room. I want to try the floorless design and add a ti goat raven I think.

Last edited:
Just unpackaged and set mine up for the first time. This is the first time I have even used a floorless shelter. I am more than happy with it. Seems very well made,& all seams are taped. Cant wait to try it out.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
How you guys mountainsmith.. Was I accurate? =-) Damn Fine shelter aye...