MT Alternate List

Brado16

WKR
List is posted, who looks like they will be headed to MT now? Fewer applicants than last year for sure!

**LETS USE THIS THREAD TO TRACK WHAT NUMBER YOU ARE ON THE LIST, AND WHEN YOU GET THE EMAIL STATING YOUR ELIDGEABLE TO PURCHASE YOUR TAG**

Last edited:

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I am 489 on the big game combo. I would think I am out of luck but could still have my name come up late. The problem is I archery hunt elk in September and hunt deer in November. Could I only get the deer half of the big game combo? I would assume all or none.

I am 489 on the big game combo. I would think I am out of luck but could still have my name come up late. The problem is I archery hunt elk in September and hunt deer in November. Could I only get the deer half of the big game combo? I would assume all or none
Yea, none or all, deer only has it’s own list. I’m in the same boat, #350something

OP
Brado16

Brado16

WKR
Last year there was over 4k. I'm guessing if your 1000 or under, you should get the tag at some point. Buddy is 200s, I'm 500s and we are planning to hunt archery.... fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

160andup

Lil-Rokslider
Last year there was over 4k. I'm guessing if your 1000 or under, you should get the tag at some point. Buddy is 200s, I'm 500s and we are planning to hunt archery.... fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I like that optimism.,, I'm in the high 300s and figured there's no chance of getting a tag before September. We will see!!

tom338

FNG
My Son is # 9 for big game combo and I'm #174 for a big game combo. I'm hoping to get this tag, my son is ecstatic to say the least

Erict

WKR
There is a big $$$ incentive for hunters considering a refund, especially if postmarked before August 1. Good luck!

Nonresident Combination Licenses - Any Reason​

Nonresident Combination license holders may return their license for a refund for any reason according to the following schedule provided the nonresident certifies that the license was not used. No other licenses than a nonresident combination license qualify for an ‘any reason’ refund.

80% refund - Postmarked on or before August 1 of the license year

50% refund without a bow license - Postmarked after August 1 of the license year, but on or before the general big game hunting season (on or before October 22, 2022)

50% refund with a bow license - Postmarked after August 1 but before opening of archery season (on or before September 3, 2022)

🤣🤣🤣. 2022 was not a lucky year for me. Did not draw general tags in Montana or Wyoming with 3 points in each. #1200+ on alternate list. I know which state I won't be hunting this year.

831hunter

FNG
Anybody know average what mover they got to last year on the elk combo? I called the right contact at fwp and they never got back to me. Thanks

Erict

WKR
it's not possible in MT, just a sconnie blowing smoke

It is possible if he was a member of a group with an average less than 1.2

It is possible if he is confusing about points and he has 3 BONUS points but no PREFERENCE POINTS

In any case, I have had good luck speaking with Montana FWP Licensing through the years. They provided me good info last year when I inquired about the Deer Combo Alternate List and my chances.

🤣🤣🤣. 2022 was not a lucky year for me. Did not draw general tags in Montana or Wyoming with 3 points in each. #1200+ on alternate list. I know which state I won't be hunting this year.
You couldn’t have had 3 points in montana and not drawn unless you went in as a party.

It is possible if he was a member of a group with an average less than 1.2

It is possible if he is confusing about points and he has 3 BONUS points but no PREFERENCE POINTS
Yes, you are correct I know how the system works

He said "2022 was a not a lucky year for ME" which is singular & implies to me he didn't apply as a group.

"did not draw GENERAL tags in montana" which means preference & not bonus for LE

texx81

FNG
I got #111 on the Elk Combo. Hoping to get an email before archery season, otherwise heading out to Colorado