Mtn House - Eat it other than hunting?

cnelk

WKR
Curious - does anyone eat Mtn House other than during hunting or camping adventures?

Do you partake in Mtn House for a typical Sunday dinner?

I sautéed some pork chops at home, then added the diced up pork to a package pasta primavera mountain house.
That was really good.

I have also made the chicken fajita bowl mountain house at home before. Put it in a large tortilla and we had chicken fajita burritos for dinner.

grfox92

WKR
Backpackers Pantry Pad Thai is good enough that I would eat it for dinner. Never have, but I would.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

TN2shot07

WKR
Only time I’ve ever eaten it at home was to try different stuff, I’d rather not like it at home than have it in the woods and be stuck eating it.

ChrisA

WKR
The Peak Refuel was absolutely amazing on my first backpack hunt, I'd never tried it before that. I made some for my daughter and I about 6 months later at home and discovered it was less than stellar.

Chris

Wapiti1

WKR
Yes, to try new flavors or new brands. Much safer method than finding out it's not compatible in the woods. There is a photo from Robtattoo on the forum regarding explosive feces and the most unlucky tree in the land.

Never ate it just because I liked it so much I would forgo eating fresh veggies, and non-freeze dried meat.

Jeremy

WCB

WKR
I had Mountain Houses on one CO elk hunt....i wouldnt eat them again anywhere

Jethro

WKR
Have eaten them at home with the kids. Complete with boiling the water on the jetboil. Just 2 nights ago my 11 year old said he likes the MH ice cream sandwich better than the real thing.

I have had them when if arrive late to the cabin and haven't had dinner yet. It's not me favorite but it's far from inedible like some people think.

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
We got back late from a hunt once and thought it would be a good idea to make some of the sweet and sour pork at home. I couldn't eat it after looking at it. It was not visually appealing. I prefer to eat it in the dark.

We will make an occasional raspberry crumble though.