Multi-Season Elk tag Washington?

Jason277

WKR
Hello All, I have been hunting elk in Washington State for 4 years now with zero success. I Recently drew a multi-season Elk tag for this coming year. I was looking for other guys who have drawn this in the past? Pros, cons, experience? Thank you Jason Grove

Farmer72

FNG
Only real concern for me is the price of the tag.

I drew it last year and it allowed me to put in for any permits. I got lucky and drew a Clockum archery tag that I wouldn't have been able to put in for.

The biggest pro is being able to hunt the west side and put in for the east side draws. Also if you have enough vacation time it lets you hunt elk every season

aorams

Lil-Rokslider
Can you hunt both sides with the Multi-season ?
Yes! You can hunt all general seasons on both sides. Do you have all three weapons? I’ve had the multi for elk a few times now. It’s the most fun you can have in Washington!

ocurtis

Lil-Rokslider
Only real concern for me is the price of the tag.

I drew it last year and it allowed me to put in for any permits. I got lucky and drew a Clockum archery tag that I wouldn't have been able to put in for.
can you help me understand his? Why would you have not been eligible to put in for the clockum tag without the MS tag? I get the major benefits of being able to hunt every season.. I don't understand how it helps you in putting in for special permit tags. Thanks for any input! Moving to tricities in August

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
In washington you are only able to apply for special tags on the side of the mountains you buy your tag for. For example, if you buy a west side elk tag you can only apply for west side special draws. Washington is weird

ocurtis

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, got it thank you. I am doing a ton of research in WA as I will be there soon. i read somewhere that the wildlife management is ran by mostly antihunters - really unfortunate!

Grundy53

WKR
In washington you are only able to apply for special tags on the side of the mountains you buy your tag for. For example, if you buy a west side elk tag you can only apply for west side special draws. Washington is weird
Also, you can put in for archery, muzzleloader, and rifle hunts instead of just one weapon. If you had a rifle tag you couldn't put in for an archery permit.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

ocurtis

Lil-Rokslider
Also, you can put in for archery, muzzleloader, and rifle hunts instead of just one weapon. If you had a rifle tag you couldn't put in for an archery permit.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Now that's annoying! You essentially have to pick a weapon every year, huh?

What are the draw odd for the multi-season tag?

DeadeyeTy

FNG
Multi elk seems to be pretty random. Lots of guys draw with 4-6 points and lots of guys don’t draw it until 7,8,9 points.

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
Multi wasted seasons 😂 WA Res for 7 years and still have not hunted elk one day there. Save the $ and buy a real elk tag out of state.

ocurtis

Lil-Rokslider
Multi wasted seasons 😂 WA Res for 7 years and still have not hunted elk one day there. Save the $ and buy a real elk tag out of state.
My brother lives in Wyoming so this is my main hunting place but I plan to hunt Washington, Oregon, and maybe western Idaho once I'm in the area. And maybe I'll keep my WA hunting to deer, birds, and predators but we'll see! I'll put in for lottery elk tags if nothing else

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
My brother lives in Wyoming so this is my main hunting place but I plan to hunt Washington, Oregon, and maybe western Idaho once I'm in the area. And maybe I'll keep my WA hunting to deer, birds, and predators but we'll see! I'll put in for lottery elk tags if nothing else

I lived right across the border in OR for 40+ years. It's not way up on my list, but compared to WA it's WAY better. If it's not about money hunt in OR.

Wrench

WKR
Now that's annoying! You essentially have to pick a weapon every year, huh?

What are the draw odd for the multi-season tag?
Odds are really good. Many people draw it when the first chosen guys won't pony up the money.

Brando

FNG
Except WDFW messed up in 2022 in the way they conducted the left over tag draw for the next guys in line.
I received my notification that I was chosen in the back up draw for multi season deer 2 days into the rifle season. Which didn’t leave much hunting opportunity after the rifle season to make the purchase of the tag worth it.
Hope they received enough complaints to initiate a change for 2023.