My newest buck

OP
Spartan

Spartan

FNG
You’ll find plenty of good outdoor opportunities, be smart and follow your passion of hunting! best wishes, god bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I will! I hope you have a great Christmas. God bless you too!

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a Texan going to school at Oklahoma State University. I’m here because it’s a good Ag school with a Veterinary program.

I went to school out of state in Louisiana. I was able to purchase an out of state hunting license basically at resident prices because I was a student. It may not be a bad idea to see if Oklahoma offers anything similar.

OP
Spartan

Spartan

FNG
I went to school out of state in Louisiana. I was able to purchase an out of state hunting license basically at resident prices because I was a student. It may not be a bad idea to see if Oklahoma offers anything similar.

I had no idea that was even a thing. That’s awesome! I’m going to have to look into that. Thank you!

catmanran

FNG
Nice buck! Make sure you find time to hunt with your family. At least when schools done. My son finished up college recently and now busy building his own life. I sure do miss him

Fordguy

WKR
A word of warning- on purchasing licenses based on residency when you have an out of state driver's license. I know the wording used to say that you could establish residency (for hunting and fishing license purposes) using a power or water bill or other document with your name and address on it (not sure of the current wording). I've also heard of people using that method to purchase a resident license and being cited by the warden. Payne county's (where you are and I am most of the time) game Warden is Emily Long. PM me if you want her number. I'm sure she'd be happy to talk to you if you have questions about anything.

OP
Spartan

Spartan

FNG
Nice buck! Make sure you find time to hunt with your family. At least when schools done. My son finished up college recently and now busy building his own life. I sure do miss him

Thank you! I’m making all the time I can! Life is short and I want to make sure I appreciate that.

I hope you get to hunt with your son soon!

Awesome buck, congrats! I graduated college a few years ago & definitely wish I would've hunted a little more. Grades are important but they aren't the most important things. But I don't regret spending time with my college friends, don't see them near as much anymore.

OP
Spartan

Spartan

FNG
Awesome buck, congrats! I graduated college a few years ago & definitely wish I would've hunted a little more. Grades are important but they aren't the most important things. But I don't regret spending time with my college friends, don't see them near as much anymore.

Thank you! I definitely have to remind myself that about grades. I get caught up in them very easily. I see what you mean about spending time with friends too. I’m on winter break now and I miss seeing them.

elkguide

WKR
SWEET! Great deer for sure. Enjoy the college life. While I have a great job and a wonderful wife and family, I do miss my colege years. (and my college hunting!)