Mystery Ranch Gets 'Woke' - Dives into Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is funny considering the majority of you live in states that are majority white by a long shot. Again, all you guys from Oregon making comments make me chuckle/cause abdominal cramps at the same time.

I think what upsets most folks, like myself (I've lived in the South my entire life), is getting the race issues crammed down your throat all of the time and making you ( or me rather) the biggest bigot if I'm not actively trying to solve someone else's problem.

The fact is the civil rights movement occurred 60 years ago. You cannot expect to be treated equal and different at the same time. Adapt or die is the biological equivalent of assimilate or STFU

Whatever though. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and that's the case here. I'm sure there's a large brown/black contingency in Bozeman demanding Mystery Ranch show solidarity for social justice. AKA agree with me or if you don't you is a raycess

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I took a complaint on this thread, I’ve only read through three pages of it. Couldn’t find any name calling, out of line harassment,. But I have to ask, has the thread ran it’s course? Is there a new information being presented? Or has it become the same small group going back-and-forth at each other?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Are you flirting with him? LOL! Sorry, had to.

Just wait until the really easily riled up folks start calling out bow hunters for their cultural appropriation! Oh shit, I've got a tipi too! I'll be in the basement flogging myself.
Maybe it was like a freudian slip sort of thing.....

LOL....Tipis and Bows....I never even thought of that.....don't give them any ideas!!!!

To attempt to offer something of value to this thread before it gets locked, regardless of your feelings about Rinella and the Meateater podcast, they had one called A Difficult Conversation with Rue Mapp of Outdoor Afro. If you are open minded, give it a listen. I try to always see things from another perspective when I can, and thought the conversation was valuable.

BuzzH

WKR
Anyone that doubts racism isn't alive and well within the hunting community obviously never spends any time on 24hourcampfire.

Do some reading there and tell me if you were a hunter other than white you'd feel welcomed with open arms into hunting...or that you wouldn't feel a bit unsafe about it.

That place is a cesspool...

Status
Not open for further replies.