National red flag law

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzH

WKR
-It isn’t an artificial increase in wages any more than the CEO of whatever company you work for making 300 times your annual income is artificial pay. We are under compensated so that the ones with influence can be overcompensated. It’s a pretty simple thing. A shift toward income equality (how it was post WWII) would not drive up costs. You wouldn’t print more money.

-This isn’t a free market. Tech companies, oil companies, big agricultural businesses, pharmaceutical companies, the defense industries and many others get special tax breaks and grants that you end up paying for without any choice in the matter. Best part is, you still get to pay full price for their products. Sound free market to you?
I would be happy if all they got were tax breaks and grants.

The cherry on top is mergers, subsidies, free infrastructure, free land to build on, super PACs, dark money, etc.

It boggles the mind. The very same individuals who peddle the story of free markets are the ones that gobble up most of that tasty welfare. Somehow they’ve convinced a huge portion of us that it isn’t so. It’s convenient that we are at each other’s throats over the crumbs and about stupid shit.

BuzzH

WKR
It boggles the mind. The very same individuals who peddle the story of free markets are the ones that gobble up most of that tasty welfare. Somehow they’ve convinced a huge portion of us that it isn’t so. It’s convenient that we are at each other’s throats over the crumbs and about stupid shit.
Yep. And do everything they can to eliminate free markets.

Enter Wyoming outfitters and guides association for a classic example.

-It isn’t an artificial increase in wages any more than the CEO of whatever company you work for making 300 times your annual income is artificial pay. We are under compensated so that the ones with influence can be overcompensated. It’s a pretty simple thing. A shift toward income equality (how it was post WWII) would not drive up costs. You wouldn’t print more money.

-This isn’t a free market. Tech companies, oil companies, big agricultural businesses, pharmaceutical companies, the defense industries and many others get special tax breaks and grants that you end up paying for without any choice in the matter. Best part is, you still get to pay full price for their products. Sound free market to you?
So your solution is the federal freaking government to step in and set wages, maybe they can provide jobs and tell you what career you'll be assigned to as well? Not far off...
So what about the guys with a small business, scraping by with a food truck or whatever, who raises their wages as inflation spirals out of control? When I lived up there in Cheyenne for a while our neighbor cut firewood for a living, that's all he did. I wonder what he thinks of $5/gal fuel to go cut wood and run his splitter. Should the feds set prices we pay on his firewood as well?

So your solution is the federal freaking government to step in and set wages, maybe they can provide jobs and tell you what career you'll be assigned to as well? Not far off...
So what about the guys with a small business, scraping by with a food truck or whatever, who raises their wages as inflation spirals out of control? When I lived up there in Cheyenne for a while our neighbor cut firewood for a living, that's all he did. I wonder what he thinks of $5/gal fuel to go cut wood and run his splitter. Should the feds set prices we pay on his firewood as well?
This feels like explaining algebra to an angry toddler insomuch as the concepts aren’t that difficult but you have to be capable of abstract thought.

I give up.

I’m real sorry you’re having a tough time in the free market. Just be more valuable and make more money. You make it sound pretty simple. Hell, I’m doing fine. I even keep putting high octane ethanol free gas in my bike. Guess I’m more equipped to live in your fantasy than you are. Good luck with your misplaced rage and your Ayn Randian delusion.

You are in time out as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Oh Jesus. The Q people woke up from their hangover. Good morning! I’ll just go ahead and give you a head start on your vocabulary:

-Libtard
-Adrenochrome
-Triggered
-Cuck
-Snowflake
-Let’s go Brandon
-WWG1WGA

Guess that’s about it. 👍

Sonhunter biden should be allowed to break laws with impunity and anybody who says otherwise is a hungover Q anon freak?

OldGrayJB

WKR
Our local schools lock the doors. After the morning bell rings, the doors are locked. They can still be opened from inside so every door is a functioning exit, but once it closes, it can't be opened from outside. If you want in, you must go to the front door by the office and speak to someone with a callbox similar to a cheap ring doorbell. This seems like a simple solution that might have prevented the tragedy in Texas. Senate Republicans have proposed a bill to implement "one point of entry" along with armed security in all schools but the majority leader won't bring it up for a vote. It seems like Chuck wants gun control more than he wants safety for children.

Sonhunter biden should be allowed to break laws with impunity and anybody who says otherwise is a hungover Q anon freak?
Hunter Biden, spoiled lawbreaking asshole or not, is not relevant to the conversation in any imaginable way. The topic might be important to you but it is whataboutism. I keep allowing myself to get sucked into sidebar conversations and it’s about as productive as herding cats. I really should know better than to get distracted by… some individuals. Hopefully we can agree to stick to things that are related to gun violence, School shootings and solutions or proposed/claimed solutions. Most especially red flag laws.

Last edited:
Our local schools lock the doors. After the morning bell rings, the doors are locked. They can still be opened from inside so every door is a functioning exit, but once it closes, it can't be opened from outside. If you want in, you must go to the front door by the office and speak to someone with a callbox similar to a cheap ring doorbell. This seems like a simple solution that might have prevented the tragedy in Texas. Senate Republicans have proposed a bill to implement "one point of entry" along with armed security in all schools but the majority leader won't bring it up for a vote. It seems like Chuck wants gun control more than he wants safety for children.
The schools here do the same. I’d like to see them do even more but it’s something. Once again, partisan politics will keep us stagnant. Ted Cruz is about as bright as a ham sandwich but he’s right about this and I’d vote with him on it. I expect Lummis, Barrasso and Cheney would as well.

Last edited:

Yarak

WKR
Anyone that says firearms are the problem is a “Lying dogface pony soldier”
Hows that for vocabulary

Anyone that says firearms are the problem is a “Lying dogface pony soldier”
Hows that for vocabulary
It’s a string of words and technically a sentence. I’m not sure if you are talking about the Rokslide member @Pony Soldier or are trying to belittle the past or present U.S. cavalry? I also don’t see what point you are trying to make aside from guns don’t shoot themselves. You could just say that.

Last edited:
6763C274-296E-48FC-8147-8849DB0B3E61.jpeg
You are quoting and laughing at yourself because you fell for your own trickery? At least you have a sense of humor. How about we talk about the subject a little?

About 1/3 of the states have red flag laws. Anyone have a link to data on successful prevention of murders and/or weaponization of these laws where they exist?

Last edited:

Yarak

WKR
What subject ? This thread derailed a few pages ago
A man that cant laugh at himself has no right laughing at others and I can say I laugh at myself daily which is why I'm laughing at you
So which part of the Red Flag Laws do you want to discuss ?

What subject ? This thread derailed a few pages ago
A man that cant laugh at himself has no right laughing at others and I can say I laugh at myself daily which is why I'm laughing at you
So which part of the Red Flag Laws do you want to discuss ?
Any. Did you read the topical content or get hung up on yourself? You are trying to be insulting and stumbling over yourself with every sophomoric attempt. Why not just quit?

There are red flag laws right now. I asked if anyone knows where there is some data on how they are working or not working.

Last edited:

Yarak

WKR
Any. Did you read the topical content or get hung up on yourself? You keep trying to be insulting and stumbling over yourself with every sophomoric attempt. Why not just quit?

There are red flag laws right now. I asked if anyone knows where there is some data on how they are working or not working.
From reading this thread and how you've dominated it by insulting the intelligence of anyone who dares reply to it I was under the impression you had all the answers
Here you are calling for help and yet I'm sophomoric ?
You are correct about red flag laws being on the books already and it's clear from the recent past years, months, weeks, days they are not working and wont work
Trying legislate behavior and evil by blaming a tool will never work

This article is pretty interesting. Note that some people interviewed see the laws as underutilized and Colorado denied a huge percentage of petitions the first year. Both evidence that the laws were not successfully weaponized.

Yarak

WKR
This article is pretty interesting. Note that some people interviewed see the laws as underutilized and Colorado denied a huge percentage of petitions the first year. Both evidence that the laws were not successfully weaponized.

Interesting article and map of the states with these laws
I find it not so surprising that mostly Dem ran states have done this and yet they still have very high gun crime
I'd be very interested to see why LE hasnt utilized these laws to any effect in these states

Status
Not open for further replies.