Need help with Canon G9X & Vortex Razor 85 mm HD spotting scope.

Dan338

FNG
I have a Canon G9X camera and a Vortex Razor 85 mm HD spotting scope with a Scope)cam adapter. I need help finding the right camera settings to take videos, and especially the settings for taking clear still photos. I am no photographer, and am not familiar with camera settings other than “auto.” Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated. Currently I’m trying to get some photos of wild turkeys. I’ve got some great closeups, but they are not focused.

To take it off of auto is more involved then some people giving suggestions here. Best bet would be to take a local into to digital photography class in your area.
As far as the focusing with that camera, there should be no issues. It generally focuses very quickly. Until you figure "IT" out, I would leave the camera in fully automatic and be more concerned with composition.
The focus on the camera is center weighted so try to focus on the subject, keep your finger pressed 3/4 of the way down on the shutter button and press through once you are happy with the way the photo is composed

Feel free to call me if you have any questions

OP
D

Dan338

FNG
There are great youtube videos to learn the basics
Can you be more specific on the YouTube videos? I’ve done some general searches, and couldn’t find anything related directly to the equipment I have. Thx