Need powerful electric chainsaw

I have a little 12” 20v DeWalt and it sucks. Not enough balls to cut through oak. I need something better and more powerful. Before someone says it, I already have a big, gas pro-grade 24” Husqvarna. I just need something that rides in the truck for occasional light cutting. I’m not stockpiling cords with it. Want the most powerful electric saw without spending $500+. Any suggestions?
What you're looking for does NOT exist. Either use your gas saw or spend top dollar on an electric saw that you will think does not have enough power for your "light" cutting of oak.

Elk97

WKR
Both my sons are contractors and they swear by the big Makita that uses two lithium batteries. Cuts almost as well as my Stihl gas saw. If you already have other battery tools I'd buy that brand, the batteries are expensive

TBH, all the newer battery powered chainsaws are pretty impressive. The utility I work for switched over from Gas stihls to Milwaukees about 4-5 years ago. The are so much less maintenance than a gasser, but do not have near the cutting power. Having said that, they cut thru wood utility poles like butter, some of them 16-20" thick. We added some aftermarket longer bars and chains on a couple and they seem to work good enough for what we use them for. Battery life is poor unless you get the big 12 AH batteries.

Guilty of Treeson has a decent video of the major “pro” battery saws. I’ll pretty much mirror his assertions. Husky, Milwaukee, Stihl in that order. I have a stihl 220 top handle now that I hate with a passion. The ap 300 or 500 battery doesn’t seem to matter, both have about the same run time. I thought it was going to replace my 200/201 t’s but I still grab gas 99/100 simply because of the ergo&safety features

For homeowner type use the Milwaukee would be hard to top

Hnthrdr

WKR
Cleared a ton of mesquite with an echo and was pretty impressed coming from only using gas stihls previously

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
We have the M18 Milwaukee because we adopted their system for all of our cordless tools. It works good. As others have stated, keep it sharp and let the saw do the work. If you dull it and think you’re going to pressure it through, it’s going to eat batteries like crazy.
This
Keep a sharp chain on them and most will do a good job for light work.

The new stihl MSA300 absolutely rips. I have a MSA220 and I'm super happy with it for a truck saw. I just wish I could justify spending the money on the 300 when I also already have 5 gas saws sitting in the garage.

How long do some of the battery powered saws actually last (real world)? I’m tempted to make the switch, but concerned with how long it will last when in the backcountry.

I can only really speak for the stihls and the milwaukee but the run time is surprisingly good as long as you are running high Amp hour batteries. I wouldn't try cutting firewood with one all day unless you had a good amount of batteries at your disposal but as small job/ maintenance saws they are more then satisfactory.

pirogue

WKR
some of these posts, bragging up a certain brand, means nothing if they don’t tell you whether they are cutting green or dried Oak/ hardwood , or green or dried softwoods.

IDLassie

Lil-Rokslider
We thought long and hard about packing a battery operated chainsaw. But didn't want to deal with bar oil and batteries.
We went with a Kantana Silky saw. They are so sharp they will saw through a tree as fast as you can pull.
It doesn't take up any room in the UTV.
Something to think about.

Novahunter

Lil-Rokslider
I got a bunch of the 80V Kobalt tools. I've been happy with all of them.

Have used the pole saw way more than the chain saw, and I've been pretty happy with everything I've needed to cut.

I have the silky Gomboy folding saw and love it. It’s perfect for the hot tent. I just have preferred the chainsaw for when we base camp from the truck and want more firewood. I’ll have to look into a bigger silky.

TLB2

FNG
Classified Approved
I like my milwaukee m18 with 12 amp battery for light stuff and limbing