Needing a different water filtration

tttoadman

WKR
I have a katydan Hiker Pro myself and it has worked really well from me in Eastern Oregon. I usually bring a couple of coffee filters with me to prevent too much silt getting into the filter. I rubber band one filter over the inlet screen, and it helps keep most of the silt/other small debris out. Also, the hiker pro has an internal mesh around the filter to grab whats missed.

I haven't had any issues with it freezing but I usually drain it and keep it in a pack/bag at night.

Oh, and watch REI as they usually have the filter for 70 bucks (if I am remembering right) for their labor day sale...

also have the hiker pro. I have had it for about 4 years. I have limited use with it, but it has always been reliable when I needed it.

OP
D

Derek0525

WKR
Think I'm go a go with the hiker pro all the reviews are pretty good on them. I will have to try the coffee filter thing also.

I have the Katadyn Hiker. Not sure what it doesn't have that the pro has but it's been pretty reliable. A buddy broke off the inlet attachment though. I called Katadyn CS and they sent me a new filter body minus the handle for $15.