New Alaska rifle

k80Titus

FNG
Given your criteria, staying in 300 win mag.

I would want CRF, stainless and/or ceracoat

Under 2k and I guess under 26 inches?

Sako finnlight or S20 hunter 24"

Mode 70 ew ss.

Gsquared

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Browning Xbolt pro in 300wm. Although it shoots well, and is fairly light weight I’m not a huge fan of the length. It will mainly be used for Alaska moose and brown bears.

I have a ton of 300wm ammo. My question is do I get another rifle in a different caliber like a 308, 300wsm, or 30-06 and run a 20-22 inch barrel or do I try to find a shorter 300 wm because of the ammo I have.

I’m also open to other ideas but the main question is lightest/most maneuverable rifle under 2k thats sufficient for moose to 350 yards and bears to 150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
338 Win Mag. Find an older REM 700 or Winchester and upgrade it incrementally as your budget permits.

I am in the same boat and have all the usual calibers you have mentioned. I boat and fly into some rugged Alaskan country in the southeast with thick brush. I am checking daily for the Seekins Havoc Element at 5.5 pounds with a 21" suppressor ready barrel. I am getting the 6.5 PRC and hope to load up the 156 Bergers and get good results. All of the usual calibers are available in the Element from Seekins.

OP
Dbevans

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the same boat and have all the usual calibers you have mentioned. I boat and fly into some rugged Alaskan country in the southeast with thick brush. I am checking daily for the Seekins Havoc Element at 5.5 pounds with a 21" suppressor ready barrel. I am getting the 6.5 PRC and hope to load up the 156 Bergers and get good results. All of the usual calibers are available in the Element from Seekins.

I like what I am seeing. Thank you for the suggestion

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
You mentioned money not being an object…I’d look for a basic Blaser R8 or R93, set it up with 300 Win and 375 H&H and you would have perfection.

I have an R8 with a custom 264 Win Mag barrel that is 27” long, plus a brake and it is just over an inch longer overall than my 700 Ti in .270 Win with a 22” barrel.

Sell the Browning and put it towards a Blaser barrel. Used 300 Win are $800-$1000 and very common. They are awesome rifles and not lightweights, just about perfect all around.

Unckebob

WKR
I’m not wanting to cut the barrel and I’m in a financial situation where money isn’t an issue. With that said, I don’t see a point in spending more than 2k on a rifle

In that case, I would get a Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan or Guide Gun. They come standard with threaded, short barrels and iron sights.

I like the guide gun better, but the cartridges options are different.

Ruger® Hawkeye® Guide Gun Bolt-Action Rifle Models

www.ruger.com

LightFoot

WKR
You mentioned money not being an object…I’d look for a basic Blaser R8 or R93, set it up with 300 Win and 375 H&H and you would have perfection.

I have an R8 with a custom 264 Win Mag barrel that is 27” long, plus a brake and it is just over an inch longer overall than my 700 Ti in .270 Win with a 22” barrel.

Sell the Browning and put it towards a Blaser barrel. Used 300 Win are $800-$1000 and very common. They are awesome rifles and not lightweights, just about perfect all around.

Exactly this.

Blaser R8 9.2x62 would be the ultimate bear/moose rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro