New ATF rule for firearm sales

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
If you use a ffl for transfers, this rule has no effect on you. It’s to prevent people from buying and selling without using a ffl and thus avoiding a 4473 as a registry.

As I read it, I can take say 20 guns from my collection and go to a singe gun show and sell them with no ffl. I did not buy them to sell, they are not new or in boxes and I did not make it a repetitive occurrence. I really see no real change due to this rule.

I see this as going after guys who buy/sell a small number of guns a year and regularly go to gun shows to sell.
Well, that's not what I got out of it. Did you read the ATF FAQ section regarding this? I did. If you didn't I would strongly suggest that you do. That's part of why I came away with my interpretation.

This rule is designed in part to stop private transfers. Go find some of the gun lawyers videos and/or comments on it. You can very easily be labeled "Engaged in the Business" basically at the ATF's discretion. I think you might need to better educate yourself via lawyers opinions on it.

The ATF is trying to criminalize people who are not doing anything wrong. The number of firearms used in crimes because of the so-called "Gun show loop hole" is 0.8%. Less than 1%. This rule ain't about any gun shows.

The guy the ATF murdered in Arkansas, that was easily and completely avoidable. They could have confronted him any number of places without incident. Tell me, if someone comes crashing through your door before daylight what are you going to do? I'm not saying the guy didn't commit a crime, but we will never know because he is stone dead. No body cam footage. It is conveniently at the discretion of the ATF whether or not to use them. BS.

The ATF is not your friend.