Secure payment method for firearms sales?

sndmn11

WKR
I don't think there is one, but I'd love to be wrong!

I've found a firearm on here I'd like to buy, and the seller has been good about answering questions. I am hung up on sending a FNG unsecured money, and am wondering if there's a legit method for sending protected funds for a firearm purchase.

Thanks

fwafwow

WKR
Money orders are to guarantee funds for the seller no benefit to the buyer….
I will have to dig back thru some PMs or posts. A buyer in a deal for me sent me MOs and was more comfortable because they were payable to me, and (IIRC) if I scammed him, it would involve some federal crimes.

svivian

WKR
I will have to dig back thru some PMs or posts. A buyer in a deal for me sent me MOs and was more comfortable because they were payable to me, and (IIRC) if I scammed him, it would involve some federal crimes.
If you were to forge a money order sure. All a money order does is guarantee funds and prevent you from losing money if it is lost or stolen.

The USPS is not going to look into it and investigate what the purpose of the money order was for. That’s between you and the seller and would require a police report. Similar to paying someone with a check and not receiving a product or service.

fwafwow

WKR
If you were to forge a money order sure. All a money order does is guarantee funds and prevent you from losing money if it is lost or stolen.

The USPS is not going to look into it and investigate what the purpose of the money order was for. That’s between you and the seller and would require a police report. Similar to paying someone with a check and not receiving a product or service.
Here was the list I traded with my buyer after the deal. He seemed convinced he got protection as the buyer.

IMG_1286.jpeg

h2so4

WKR
You could work with the receiving or shipping FFL to arrange that payment is not
Made until it is under their control. I’ve had decent luck with that.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
You could work with the receiving or shipping FFL to arrange that payment is not
Made until it is under their control. I’ve had decent luck with that.
That was my hope since I have a lot of feedback on here, I write home page reviews here, and Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear is reputable, but no dice. Maybe I didn't express that all well.

h2so4

WKR
That was my hope since I have a lot of feedback on here, I write home page reviews here, and Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear is reputable, but no dice. Maybe I didn't express that all well.
Darn. If you know where it’s coming from, call a local FFL and see if they will ship it. If they will, maybe the seller will drop it off while you’re on the phone with the shop or you could pay the shop and they’d give him a check. Etc. it’s gotta be a really good find to deal with all that!

fwafwow

WKR
Hate to say it, but if it’s that good of a deal, from a FNG, then maybe there’s more to this and your gut instinct is right.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I don't think there is one, but I'd love to be wrong!

I've found a firearm on here I'd like to buy, and the seller has been good about answering questions. I am hung up on sending a FNG unsecured money, and am wondering if there's a legit method for sending protected funds for a firearm purchase.

Thanks
Here’s what I don’t understand. Either the buyer or seller has to take a leap of faith. Either the buyer sends funds WITHOUT guarantee the item gets sent, or the seller sends the product prior to payment without guarantee of payment.

Why is it common for the buyer to pay and take the risk?

Why shouldn’t it be based on tenure and feedback? In this case the OP has a ton of feedback and does reviews for rokslide. If the other party is a FNG, why wouldn’t the FNG send the product first and then collect payment upon delivery?

Rich M

WKR
Sometimes folks make too big acdeal about a deal. Reputable seller, just do it.

Old guy asking for a check, just do it.

Slick asking for fancy chit - question it.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Sometimes folks make too big acdeal about a deal. Reputable seller, just do it.

Old guy asking for a check, just do it.

Slick asking for fancy chit - question it.
I agree with some of that. This scenario is absolutely zero red flags, just a lack of feedback HERE.

Everyone who has commented on this thread I'd have about a minute of hesitation to do a quick confirmation, then I'd send the money. Except @Ucsdryder, his tab is accruing interest to point it's a case studying for compounding to be presented at a seminar.

I say feedback here, because I've checked out his other accounts, but I'm unsure of what that really means. @Ucsdryder could create an account on his CrossFit and cycling forum with the username Sndmn11 and tell those spinners to check here for feedback.

I'm pretty sure we have it figured out, but the guntab thing seems pretty slick.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I agree with some of that. This scenario is absolutely zero red flags, just a lack of feedback HERE.

Everyone who has commented on this thread I'd have about a minute of hesitation to do a quick confirmation, then I'd send the money. Except @Ucsdryder, his tab is accruing interest to point it's a case studying for compounding to be presented at a seminar.

I say feedback here, because I've checked out his other accounts, but I'm unsure of what that really means. @Ucsdryder could create an account on his CrossFit and cycling forum with the username Sndmn11 and tell those spinners to check here for feedback.

I'm pretty sure we have it figured out, but the guntab thing seems pretty slick.
You do always make me pay up front which is bs.

fwafwow

WKR

Good luck and keep us posted.