New Iron Will System?

I co-developed this system with Aron Snyder. We both felt strongly that there was a need for an improved system for micro diameter arrows. Here are some more details:

Iron Will’s new Snyder Core System utilizes a long hardened metal core, carbon fiber (arrow), and a hardened metal Impact Collar to provide unmatched arrow connection strength and alignment over outserts or half-outs.

This hybrid system can be used as a glue-in or screw-in. The broadhead can be glued directly into the arrow with or without a HIT insert attached to it. You can also use our new installation tool to install the HIT to the correct depth and use this as a screw-in system.

View attachment 265120

Will all the collars be running to the threads of the broadheads like in the picture? Or will they lap past and go over the insert?

Thanks for chiming in Bill.

three5x5s

WKR
Look AWESOME.. Been waiting for theses. Now make a some collars in .221 for the 400s or .228 for the 350s Please. For Black Eagle X-Impacts.

Laned

WKR
That's great! Thanks, Bill. Would you mind clarifying for us, please, what you mean numerically by micro diameter arrows since arrow manufacturers have different naming conventions?

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk

MADD BEAR

FNG
Your collars are a game changer. Made all my arrows better. Thanks Bill. Will be using your components on all my hunting axis arrows.

a2f5400e37f23b871a659f374cc9be0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Everyone thought I was crazy in the other thread.
Not crazy........just questioned the "need" for all that. Personally, I have never blown out the tip on a .204" arrow with HIT from shooting an animal (heavy bone or otherwise).......and even after blowing through grouse and into rocks. And I've rarely heard of anyone else doing that either. I even buried a judo head 3" into an aspen tree after passing through a grouse. I had to dig and cut it out, but the arrow came out unscathed.

However........I can totally see the need for this type of "upgrade" for the 4mm arrows. This is the biggest reason why I don't use 4mm arrows.......they have always been a combination of problems. This system most likely solves most of that.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That's great! Thanks, Bill. Would you mind clarifying for us, please, what you mean numerically by micro diameter arrows since arrow manufacturers have different naming conventions?

This system is for 4mm, .165/.166 ID arrows. These are generally called micros, but I agree, some companies use the terms small and micro to describe either .204 or .166. I call .204 small and .166 micro.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Look AWESOME.. Been waiting for theses. Now make a some collars in .221 for the 400s or .228 for the 350s Please. For Black Eagle X-Impacts.
We just added two Impact Collar sizes to our website. Our new G size will work with the .228 OD arrow.

Laned

WKR
This system is for 4mm, .165/.166 ID arrows. These are generally called micros, but I agree, some companies use the terms small and micro to describe either .204 or .166. I call .204 small and .166 micro.
Thanks! That's what I thought you meant. Just wanted to be sure.

MADD BEAR

FNG
One thing I found when tuning that may help you.

In the process of shaft/point selection I found that adding the additional 25 grains of weight to your field tip will have the same effect when you add the collar.

So for my bareshaft I knew I will be using a 250 grain BH. I used a 275 grain field point, the extra 25 grains to simulate the weight of the ironwill collar. Tuning without the collar in a foam target was fine, when I made my hunting arrow and used the collar I had the same results. So if you are waiting for your components to arrive you may still be able to tune a shaft and just add the collar to your hunting arrow.

Make sense to anyone but me? Lol

Worked for me anyway. Maybe it can help someone.
45cadcf209e5fdbcd66fd400cf409162.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Will all the collars be running to the threads of the broadheads like in the picture? Or will they lap past and go over the insert?

Thanks for chiming in Bill.
We have two collar sizes. Our 25 grain hardened steel collar is 1.00 inch long and our 10 grain titanium is 0.70 inches long, so neither one overlaps the HIT insert with this system. I've found with the HIT this far back and connected to the long broadhead shank, it acts like one solid long core and really strengthens the end of the arrow a long ways back.

nphunter

WKR
We have two collar sizes. Our 25 grain hardened steel collar is 1.00 inch long and our 10 grain titanium is 0.70 inches long, so neither one overlaps the HIT insert with this system. I've found with the HIT this far back and connected to the long broadhead shank, it acts like one solid long core and really strengthens the end of the arrow a long ways back.

Have you checked to see how these affect arrow spine, I would imagine it would be similar to shooting a 3" shorter arrow when all said and done. I'm using your 100gr HIT and feel like I could have definitely gotten away with a softer spine with the long inserts.

I really wish these would have been on the market a couple of years ago prior to me moving away from 4mm arrows. Now you just need to develop a bullet-proof expandable head to go with your system!!

Zac

WKR
This pretty much bridges the gap between Ironwill and Valkyrie.

Squirrels

WKR
Have you checked to see how these affect arrow spine, I would imagine it would be similar to shooting a 3" shorter arrow when all said and done. I'm using your 100gr HIT and feel like I could have definitely gotten away with a softer spine with the long inserts.

I really wish these would have been on the market a couple of years ago prior to me moving away from 4mm arrows. Now you just need to develop a bullet-proof expandable head to go with your system!!
I am curious as well on the spine and arrow length. Basically how will I figure out what up front weight system I need since the insert system will be so long?!?

Jimbob

WKR
Aaron said that it didn't change the spine for him, he commented that on his youtube video, maybe he touches more on that in the podcast as well?

Aaron said that it didn't change the spine for him, he commented that on his youtube video, maybe he touches more on that in the podcast as well?

It has to change the dynamic spine.

However if you were stiff enough to begin with, you won't notice being stiffer with a compound. That's why so many are recommending to stay with a heavy spine. The pitfalls are being too weak, not too stiff.

I co-developed this system with Aron Snyder. We both felt strongly that there was a need for an improved system for micro diameter arrows. Here are some more details:

Iron Will’s new Snyder Core System utilizes a long hardened metal core, carbon fiber (arrow), and a hardened metal Impact Collar to provide unmatched arrow connection strength and alignment over outserts or half-outs.

This hybrid system can be used as a glue-in or screw-in. The broadhead can be glued directly into the arrow with or without a HIT insert attached to it. You can also use our new installation tool to install the HIT to the correct depth and use this as a screw-in system.

View attachment 265120
i have been somewhat a "hater" of .165/66 shafts, due to the component system, i'm pretty excited about this system. i'm all dialed in with .204's this year with my compound and recurve, but when the dust settles after this fall, i'm getting some of these.... i like it!

i like the concept of 4mm shafts, but hate the components.... this was a good move, and now the questions you have been asking in threads makes sense.... i was curious where you were going with that. i'm not surprised, but i'm glad this is coming out.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

It doesn't stiffen the spine in the same amount as cutting 3" off your arrow. I measured static spine on some shafts with and without 2.5 inches of HIT installed and they measure the same. This is because the amount of deflection is dominated by the length of the beam, which doesn't change, and most of the bending happens through the middle, not at the stiffened end, in a static spine measurement. I do believe it will stiffen the dynamic spine somewhat, but not to the same effect as cutting your arrow 3" shorter. Quantifying this is complicated. Here is my theory: At the shot, you have a forward force at the back of the arrow from the string and you have a backward force at the front of the arrow from the total mass upfront due to the acceleration (F=ma). Shifting part of this front mass back into your arrow will shift the location of this front force back slightly increasing dynamic spine. It will depend on your point weight vs HIT weight, but my ballpark guess is that having 3" of solid core would be more like having an arrow a half inch shorter.

Last edited: