New Kowa glass?

ZackP

WKR
Heard from a little bird that they will announce some new models in the next couple weeks...

Makes sense with some of the bigger sales on them lately

Makes sense. Lowest price i have ever seen on a 77.

OP
hwy1strat

hwy1strat

WKR
Yeah I noticed that the 77’s have been on a super sale lately. I’m hoping that’s the one they redo because that’s exactly what I’m after

OP
hwy1strat

hwy1strat

WKR
From what I was told, the 77's replacement will be significantly more expensive
I hope it is, that should mean they put some pretty slick glass in it. I like the size and weight of the current one, but I want the primo Kowa glass that the others have

A 663/4 would be a great size to stay with and just add a larger eyepiece, prominent flourite glass and a micro macro focus set up.

The 664 I had a handful of years ago was great, would pick out bedded mulies 1600 1700 yards out, wanted to try 884 and then tried 774 side by side and for size as well as great vies stayed with the 774.

Last year was talking to a marketing guy I have dealt with many times and he said the same as what has been on here about a mid 60's or so size that's similar to the 88 series with fluorite and better eyepiece.

FWIW the XD glass on a good example of a 664 is fantastic and it’d be tough to tell apart. They market it with “Prominar” like the flourite which is fair IMHO. Wonder what reason is for this, I’m guessing maybe fragility of the crystal and workability Vs the XD glass.

Matt G.

WKR
And now it was confirmed
5a7ee41b19e6cbc61b3a3ce6c43b582a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

It has the dual focus system and looks like it uses the latest wide angle zoom , this will be a fantastic upgrade for the Big Eye customer.

Also has dual tripod mount a la 88/99.

The biggest drawback would seem to be the eyepiece upgrade means the 30x used on current 664 will not be usable as is & will require an adapter.

Matt G.

WKR
Looks like it has a 35x WA eye piece as well

Matt G.

WKR
Just trying to compare specs but looks like it comes out to 53 ounces and 15 inches. Looks about same length as the 77? Had to go to the Eu link to get specs since the US didn't work yet.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
See my post here:

Matt G.

WKR
I am happy to see that the 77 is still very relevant. I was hoping that it would be more compact in size and weight. Glad to see the FOV stayed the same. I really wish with the new designs they would just integrate the arca swiss foot....

4th_point

WKR
Exciting news for people who have been waiting for this new TSN 66 with crystal lens!

Might also be a good opportunity to pick up a used 65mm ATS/STS, 550, 660, or 770 as people try this new scope?

I thought for sure Kowa would make it a 67mm or 68mm to avoid confusion with the existing 660 XD. Should be interesting for vendors to explain the difference to customers.