New member here from Michigan.

OHTHATGUY8

Hello everyone glad I found this place! I can’t read enough about hunting in the off-season.
I Hunt Archery, rifle, and muzzleloader seasons. I’ve never wanted to fast forward to a hunting season so bad but this will be a big year for me.
On my last hunt last year I had a heart attack on my way out to hunt. I went down in the woods but fought thru it and made it out! That was December 28th. After just under a week in the hospital I knew I had to change. I’m down 70lbs so far and I feel better than I have in 20 years. As a mobile hunter I would get so winded walking in and especially dragging one out. I feel like my hunting will be much improved this year. The only down side has been buying new hunting clothes😉
Here is last seasons northern Michigan public land Buck from rifle season. I wish he had brow tines but still super happy woth44298687-B422-4CF1-88CD-D7368D7C0738.jpegF970F8F9-903A-435A-9CE7-3CF616007774.jpegD42045D6-0232-4550-8629-21BB918602C7.jpeg

Ddog

Nice buck, congrats! Glad you're getting healthy and welcome from Muskegon!

Miboy86

Nice. I fish the flint river out that way. My brother lives just off 57 in Montrose township so we get out that way a little bit.
Caught 31 and quarter male walleye outta the Flint river acouple of years ago, by the Barber park boat launch.

OP
O

OHTHATGUY8

Caught 31 and quarter male walleye outta the Flint river acouple of years ago, by the Barber park boat launch.
That’s the spot! That’s a wall mounter man! I was parking at dodge and walking back to that island. It’s marked as no parking now. I was there in March.

Miboy86

That’s the spot! That’s a wall mounter man! I was parking at dodge and walking back to that island. It’s marked as no parking now. I was there in March.
Yeah I got it up on the wall, I don't fish the Flint much, was bored and went with a buddy.

OP
O

OHTHATGUY8

I don’t get out as much as I would like anymore. I take my daughter to Holloway dam every now and again. She likes the “waterfall” and we’ve caught some decent fish there. I try to save my “away from family time” for the tree stand!

Miboy86

I don’t get out as much as I would like anymore. I take my daughter to Holloway dam every now and again. She likes the “waterfall” and we’ve caught some decent fish there. I try to save my “away from family time” for the tree stand!
Got a 5 year old boy, started taking him last year on the St Clair River last year.

Max333

Glad you’re ok man and that’s a great buck. Hoping to take a trip out to Ohio this coming year

OP
O

OHTHATGUY8

Got a 5 year old boy, started taking him last year on the St Clair River last year.
My daughter is 6. We have kayaks so she’s been on a few lakes but no rivers. She cleaned up on the walleye last year on Saginaw bay tho. She picked a lure at the store... pink and purple of course! We used it and it dominated the day.

OP
O

OHTHATGUY8

Glad you’re ok man and that’s a great buck. Hoping to take a trip out to Ohio this coming year
Thank you. I’ve been reading a lot about Ohio public land. Last year I was tagged out in Michigan with plenty of time to get an Ohio hunt in. I talked my self out of it cause I hadn’t done any prep.

OP
O

OHTHATGUY8

Welcome from a Michigan to Colorado transplant. Grew up near ludington.
That’s a beautiful area. Ok need to get back to ludington for some salmon! I love Colorado too, I haven’t been in a few years but some friends work in Vail and live in Gypsum. I can’t wait to come hunt out there!