Michigan guys

Any of you Michigan guys run into this? Three times in the last week I’ve seen a camera with a bear box cable locked to a tree positioned to get pics of anybody driving down a road through state hunting land. First two I didn’t think much of but the third one was exact same setup 60 miles away 🤔. Two in the same chunk I’d assume was the same guy but they were setup to get you coming and going, third one so far away seems very odd.

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
I am in somewhat central michigan and havent heard or seen anything like that. Wonder if someone is just trying to see how much human pressure that road gets?

OP
C
I asked my friend if she had run into this. Guess there was one same setup by their cabin 80mi west and it was labeled dnr. Makes me wonder what they’re looking for

2muchhp

WKR
A few in one area could be poachers. Sixty/eighty miles apart is a long ways.

Yooper

WKR
MI DNR and MSU joint study on wolves in the U.P. Named the Wolf Abundance Project. Next time you see one you should look around the back side of it. There should be a tag on there with some more info. Although based on what I've seen it doesn't take 1200 trail cams to know the wolf population up here is out of control.

UP Wolf Abundance Project

EvanG17

FNG
We have guys around us that hunt 40 acres in the thumb and have over 20 cameras on that one property. Anything is possible lol

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Bear boxes and cables work?
I figured someone would use a grinder and cut the cable.

So you're saying there's a chance!

OP
C
MI DNR and MSU joint study on wolves in the U.P. Named the Wolf Abundance Project. Next time you see one you should look around the back side of it. There should be a tag on there with some more info. Although based on what I've seen it doesn't take 1200 trail cams to know the wolf population up here is out of control.

UP Wolf Abundance Project
Lol especially there I found at least 20 kill sites in a 40 acre yard in the spring