New Mexico Success

KHNC

WKR
My "ANY ELK" DIY hunt in New Mexico turned out great again. Me and my buddy ElkMtnGear both tagged out on day 4! I shot mine in the morning and his in the evening. Made for a lonngggg day of skinning and packing , until just after midnight. I shot a dink 3x3, cause i love elk meat! Jeff shot a VERY nice 6x6 for the same reason. :) They gave us a shot and we took it! LOL. I love hunting elk. Too bad we have to wait til next year to go again. Bulls were very vocal. Saw several 300+ , but not shot opportunities. We have a very good buddy system worked out to get bulls coming in to check us out. Quite a few came in, but managed to get by without getting shot. lol. We tried the no bugle, rake trees method. Worked like a champ!

ChrisAU

WKR
Awesome!! Hope me and one of my buddies have a similar experience with the boom sticks in a couple weeks!

One-shot

Lil-Rokslider
My "ANY ELK" DIY hunt in New Mexico turned out great again. Me and my buddy ElkMtnGear both tagged out on day 4! I shot mine in the morning and his in the evening. Made for a lonngggg day of skinning and packing , until just after midnight. I shot a dink 3x3, cause i love elk meat! Jeff shot a VERY nice 6x6 for the same reason. :) They gave us a shot and we took it! LOL. I love hunting elk. Too bad we have to wait til next year to go again. Bulls were very vocal. Saw several 300+ , but not shot opportunities. We have a very good buddy system worked out to get bulls coming in to check us out. Quite a few came in, but managed to get by without getting shot. lol. We tried the no bugle, rake trees method. Worked like a champ!

View attachment 122847
View attachment 122848
View attachment 122849
View attachment 122850
Oh you guys totally ROCK. My honey and I both have cow tags, so we hope for the act of God tag 2 in 1 day. Really nice looking animals and you two will have freezers full! Congrats!

Wapiti1

WKR
Nicely done! NM is one of my favorite elk states. They just need to give me tags more often.

Jeremy

FLAK

WKR
I been applying for over 10 years.,,,,no Elk Tag. I;ve drawn a OIL Oryx, deer tags and Barbary but no Elk Tag.