New Pack?!?!

kodiakfly

WKR
Should be here shortly, don't even have it yet haha. I'm pretty excited to use it though...

The waist belt doesn't work for hips and the lack of bag selection prompter the exploration to a new pack. It really does haul 100+ well though.

I ended up selling my beloved Barney's frame. I got a couple Kifaru frames and packs and found myself stopping carrying the Barney's...even for heavy stuff. That Barney's belt just killed me. A friend of mine is die-hard Barneys, except for the belt. He retrofit his Barneys with a Kifaru belt and he says it's close to a perfect pack. I hunted moose before I hunted goats so I was into the "I want to be able to haul 300 lbs!" and went with Barney's. A couple things about that...first, Kifaru will haul the heavy loads and my days of hauling 100+ lbs are over anyway. I'd rather make multiple trips than haul 100+ at all.

I just sold my Kuiu pack and ordered a Kifaru 26" Ultra lite frame with the Apollo pack for day hunts and Train to Hunt events. I will pickup the bew Reconing bag for longer backpack hunts. your height but 175 lbs.. kifaru has more options in their system. If you have your frame setup already it's easy to change bag/colors/and accessories.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Well I have just returned from my last big hunt for the year(week long Tahr hunt) and have had a rather catastrophic pack failure just as I was leaving. Luckily some duct tape kept things going for the trip but I am ready to upgrade I think.

What are peoples opinions?

I am looking at

Kifaru 24" frame with Argali bag+ some pockets and guide lid

Stone glacier Sky 7400

Maybe a Exo bag?? I have never seen one in person and maybe a Mystery ranch?

I am leaning toward the Kifaru as I tried one on last year and the waist belt in particular was the best I have tried. I tried on a bikini I think is there any difference between this and the new designs?

I like Stone glacier and have tried a couple on but I dont like the center zipper.

I am 5'10" and about 150-160 lbs will be using pack for every thing from day hunts to 10+ day guided trips so needs to be 100L/6000 CI at least.

I prefer the simple bag with one opening at the top and maybe only one/2 pockets for small gear. This is so I can run all my gear in side a large pack liner in an attempt to keep dry.

Pros/cons from the people in the know

Thanks alot
The Kifaru looks like a good plan. The bag is on sale too. I just ordered the Ultralite hunting frame with Apollo bag for training.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I recommend the op go with his origional inclination of a decked out argali (though a markhor with multiple pockets might suffice size wise), but with a 26 inch frame for more lift. Very few regret going kifaru, I don't for a second.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk