New Springbok bipod feedback wanted?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
1/4 twist legs, you untwisted it way too far open.

Negative. The legs won’t move with less than I do in the video.

Less than 2 seconds to open and close. Granted I have a ton of practice.

You have a ton of practice with the Springbok?

Were the poles already hooked together?

The handles were looped because when I am using them as a shooting aid, they are. Same as the Springbok.

How do those trekking poles work on uneven ground?

Better than the springbok.

Do the twist locks randomly unthread themselves on yours?

jonpall

Lil-Rokslider
The Quick-Sticks create a hard joint- doesn’t allow neutral recoil in all positions, and is not nearly as flexible.
Interesting. Will have to mess with them as they are then. Thanks for saving me the purchase.

I’m considering buying one just for the legs, cheaper to buy the whole bipod than the longer pro legs, and lighter.

Very niche use for me, but they would be handy at times having a sitting bipod. Calling cats i prefer to not pack trekking poles. Shots are always sub 100yds, and usually sub 50, so precision isn’t huge, mainly to have my gun up and ready for 90 minutes at a time and get on target with minimal movement

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I’m considering buying one just for the legs, cheaper to buy the whole bipod than the longer pro legs, and lighter.

Very niche use for me, but they would be handy at times having a sitting bipod. Calling cats i prefer to not pack trekking poles. Shots are always sub 100yds, and usually sub 50, so precision isn’t huge, mainly to have my gun up and ready for 90 minutes at a time and get on target with minimal movement

Longer legs for the bipod for sitting is useful. I can check and send this one to you to play with for a bit?

Longer legs for the bipod for sitting is useful. I can check and send this one to you to play with for a bit?
I really appreciate the offer, but I will do about anything to not use other people’s hunting/fishing gear/vehicles, etc

I’ve always been that way since I remember, it makes me feel like I should be more careful than I’m capable of being.

The opposite doesn’t apply, and I don’t think twice about letting anyone use any of my gear as long as they need it.

I do appreciate the offer! Thanks

ljalberta

WKR
I have used the Springbok in limited use (a friend’s). My thoughts were it’s a neat design, but in practice, it was less stable and more finicky than just sticks or a longer bipod. I’d never use it on a big game hunt, but it seemed fine for popping up coyote hunting. However, I would rather just screw the legs into my fixed spartan bipod mount and it’s a better shooting platform at the same, or quicker deployment rate.

I’m a big fan of Spartan, and I think this will sell lots, but from the perspective of does it improve your shooting or speed of shooting - i don’t think it does.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have used the Springbok in limited use (a friend’s). My thoughts were it’s a neat design, but in practice, it was less stable and more finicky than just sticks or a longer bipod. I’d never use it on a big game hunt, but it seemed fine for popping up coyote hunting. However, I would rather just screw the legs into my fixed spartan bipod mount and it’s a better shooting platform at the same, or quicker deployment rate.

I’m a big fan of Spartan, and I think this will sell lots, but from the perspective of does it improve your shooting or speed of shooting - i don’t think it does.
No doubt that the bipod with longer legs is more stable. You just lose some of the range of motion because you're stuck on one plane.

MTHokie

FNG
Oof, that's a pretty brutal-honest review from Formidilosus - enough to steer me away from the springbok. Although, I think someone mentioned in the thread the possibility of purchasing the springbok legs with the javelin attachment head. I think that might work. I have asked Spartan if they will sell in that configuration. I know they sell the pro legs, but that combo would end up being too spendy for me.

TN2shot07

WKR
Oof, that's a pretty brutal-honest review from Formidilosus - enough to steer me away from the springbok. Although, I think someone mentioned in the thread the possibility of purchasing the springbok legs with the javelin attachment head. I think that might work. I have asked Spartan if they will sell in that configuration. I know they sell the pro legs, but that combo would end up being too spendy for me.
@Happy Antelope will hook you up, that’s the set up I have from him.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That's definitely an option you'll get a more steady rest for sure, but you will lose a lot of range of motion. Definitely a give and take.