New stone glacier pack?

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’d imagine you’d lose quite a bit of volume compared to your 7900 with external load shelf. If your already utilizing significant volume and packing large loads of meat, I can see the Sky Guide being a little more suited.
For myself, I can see using this as an ultralight expedition pack, meaning long distances on foot with minimal gear.
My Sky 5900 works for 10 day hunts this way, but the load shelf can be a bit awkward to use at times and also does bump out my loaded pack a bit further from my body than I’d like, atleast in technical terrain. A 7000 cu. in. pack that weighs less than my 5900 seems like it would be perfectly suited for these type of trips, yet still have enough room for meat, atleast from sheep/goat sized animals.

I’ll most likely keep my Krux Evo/5900 for training hikes and also for shorter hunts where larger game are the target species, ie. Moose, Caribou etc., where it’s easier to haul quarters or large amounts of meat in the external load shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with you on the weight getting pushed farther from your center of balance. I’ll probably end up with this pack just for sheep and goats like you. If I’m going for moose and bears, I’m using a Barney’s pack anyhow.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have an xcurve and same bag so for me the weight savings is about 2lbs, fairly significant.

I’m curious to see how the load cell shakes out and if there’s anyway to prevent all the meat from sinking to the bottom.

Looks super streamlined which is definitely appealing to me.

Should be here by Wednesday or so.

I just threw mine on the scale, it was 6lb 3oz so I’d save 1lb 4oz.

Kotaman

WKR
I just threw mine on the scale, it was 6lb 3oz so I’d save 1lb 4oz.
This thing looks great, but agree with Thinhorn_ak, it is not gonna make me give up my 7900 for a one pound savings. Plus, I prefer the X Curve over the EVO for my shape. Kudos to Kurt for pushing the limits on these products for the alpine hunter.

Last edited:
OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
New pack is 3 pounds 15 ounces, so 2 pounds 4 ounce savings.

My bad, I thought the new one was 4lb 15 Oz. Still, the terminus seems great but it’s going to take me a bit to justify switching from the guide. If I was really in the market for a new pack id jump on the terminus but my guide fits so well and the layout of the guide bag seems to work well for me. I’ll probably get a terminus at some point but not immediately.

This thing looks great, but agree with Thinhorn_ak, it is not gonna make me give up my 7900 for a one pound savings. Plus, I prefer the Krux over the EVO for my shape. Kudos to Kurt for pushing the limits on these products for the alpine hunter.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought that pretty much the only difference between the original Krux and the EVO was the belt.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought that pretty much the only difference between the original Krux and the EVO was the belt.

That was my impression too, the krux had like one piece of webbing, the evo had the 2 just like the xcurve.

prm

WKR
I’d like to see pics of this pack when not full. Lots of material up high that needs to be secured. Not familiar with this load cell. I assume it’s mid-back and against frame?

In short, I’m not familiar with SG packs, but this concept of a lighter pack with enough strength to haul boned out meat is exactly what I‘ve been wanting.

Last edited:

ljalberta

WKR
Thanks for the replies Kurt. I apologize if it’s been answered, but is there any potential to see this model but with the x curve shaped stays?

I had the Evo but I just could not get that thing to fit me comfortably, while the Xcurve frame fits significantly better.

Also, will accessory pocket be made in matching material?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like that the fabric is basically waterproof (but not seam sealed) and the weight obviously, but the ability to switch bags, handle full quarters (and other big/awkward loads) and not have bag volume reduced keeps me firmly in the "original" design

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like that the fabric is basically waterproof (but not seam sealed) and the weight obviously, but the ability to switch bags, handle full quarters (and other big/awkward loads) and not have bag volume reduced keeps me firmly in the "original" design

It is nice to be able to switch between a bag that will handle 10 days and a bag that is a daypack but still allows you to haul gear. I guess it just means that the terminus is built for a very specific purpose.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is nice to be able to switch between a bag that will handle 10 days and a bag that is a daypack but still allows you to haul gear. I guess it just means that the terminus is built for a very specific purpose.

I can definitely see numerous scenarios where the Terminus would be perfect, but enough other scenarios where the "original" ones would be better. If I get to the point where I can justify two hauling packs, the Terminus would be next on my list :)

I’m curious how that internal frame does in terms of load hauling ability
it should do really well.... it's no different than putting your meat in the bag vs on a meat shelf. says they have an internal load cell, which i assume is placed in the right spot to keep the weight where it needs to be rather than putting the lighter contents of your bag on the bottom and meat on top to elevate the load so it doesn't ball up in the bottom of your pack.

should be a badass pack for those that are looking for this type of pack... i can't wait to see more about it even though it doesn't really fill a niche for me. looks like it's made of spectra too (i could be wrong, but it looks that way)

being as light as it is, there is no weight penalty for the extra capacity, and it will cinch up tight when you want to use it as a day pack (one of the really cool things about seek outside, same concept)

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
being as light as it is, there is no weight penalty for the extra capacity, and it will cinch up tight when you want to use it as a day pack (one of the really cool things about seek outside, same concept)

As has been mentioned though, there absolutely is penalties to this pack, if guys don’t like the evo frame then they probably won’t like this and the internal meat shelf will take up internal space. It’s a niche piece of gear.

I’m glad that you are an expert on a pack that nobody here has lol.
a little common sense and experience with similar products go a long ways.... never claimed to be an expert of any type. that was no more of an expert reply than yours is a typical DB internet forum reply.... carry on