Nightforce Weight on Tikka T3

I’m considering a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50 for a Tikka T3 .308.

I’ve always heard NF are heavy but how does it balance on the relatively lightweight Tikka T3? I don’t rough it in the mountains. I typically walk 50-600 yards to my stand location and hunt so a heavier rifle is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got two Tikkas that wear NF scopes. An SHV 4-14, and an ATACR 4-16. Yes they are heavier but I feel like they handle and shoot just fine with them.

Lawnboi

WKR
Got a 4-14 shv f1 on a t3x lite wearing a mcmillan stock.

It’s not light but I like the weight, setup around 10 pounds makes it more forgiving with me behind the trigger. It does not feel off balance and is definetly bulkier than a 40ish mm scope.

Lots of weight weenies on here, worried about ounces. Personally I’ll eat a little weight to have a solid, reliable and forgiving weapon system.

OP
General RE LEE
If the weight is balanced I’m cool with it but if it’s super top heavy no bueno

sdupontjr

WKR
I too have a Tikka T3 .308 with a 3-18x56 meopta. The scope alone is 30 oz but it feels nice on the lite rifle.

archp625

WKR
Got a 4-14 shv f1 on a t3x lite wearing a mcmillan stock.

It’s not light but I like the weight, setup around 10 pounds makes it more forgiving with me behind the trigger. It does not feel off balance and is definetly bulkier than a 40ish mm scope.

Lots of weight weenies on here, worried about ounces. Personally I’ll eat a little weight to have a solid, reliable and forgiving weapon system.
Agreed. I took a light weight gun with a carbon barrel and threw on a 29 oz Nightforce. Obviously the weight increased but I know my Optic is solid.

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
Have a couple of T3 Lite's with Nightforce 5-20 x 56 mounted up.

They are heavy scopes but IMO the rifles balance fine...