Nighthawk Custom & Cooper

Sounds like what needed to happen.
Cooper’s QC has been nonexistent for years. I’m looking forward to seeing what Nighthawk does in this regard.

OP
Irish Miner

Irish Miner

Lil-Rokslider
Never had any issues with my Coopers. Will be interesting to see what the future brings.

Those pistolas that Nighthawk builds... wow! 🤑

fwafwow

WKR
My thoughts exactly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
+2. I have hashed out my issues with Cooper in another thread. The front line people seemed great but the higher ups not so much. Hopefully it means that they will have good resources not only for quality new firearms, but other work.

bdebret

FNG
Mark Stone is an awesome dude that strives to offer quality and great customer service. We won’t be disappointed!!
I unfortunately am having the opposite experience. I have a copper m92 backcountry that has had issues since day 1. Been trying to get it in since I bought it at the end of last year but cooper customer service stopped all communications once they got word of the transition. I reached out to nighthawk and it's been a nightmare. Was told today, after 6 weeks of no reply, that they will not be honoring my cooper warranty because cooper of Montana no longer exists. They said once they are able to take in firearms for repair (they don't know when that will be) that my warranty is void and I will have to pay. Disappointing to say the least.

fwafwow

WKR
Man that sucks, definitely not how you would expect them to handle it
I guess it depends on how much due diligence the buyer performed. I had my own problems with Cooper before they were just sold, so if the buyer was aware of issues that were on the books of the company, they probably chose to buy the assets and not the company (and it's liabilities). Not cool for us, but I get it.

bdebret

FNG
I guess it depends on how much due diligence the buyer performed. I had my own problems with Cooper before they were just sold, so if the buyer was aware of issues that were on the books of the company, they probably chose to buy the assets and not the company (and it's liabilities). Not cool for us, but I get it.
Yeah I completely get it from their Angle. Like you said, not cool for us. The gentleman I have been communicating with is the last remaining cooper employee and sounds like will stay on with nighthawk. So he is the only person qualified to work on the rifles. He said they "bought some parts and intellectual property" and that nighthawk had no plans to start a rifle company. But they will be the only people that will have factory parts for repair. So it makes it tough to go to a local gunsmith to have this thing looked at. But it looks like that's what I'm going to have to do since he said they won't be operational before deer season.

bdebret

FNG
He is just an employee, I doubt he knows all of what is going on.

Might not be a bad idea to set the rifle in the corner for the season. Give 'em a call next spring or so when things are up and running.
Under normal circumstances I would completely agree haha. But he is the general manager and the chief operating officer is copied on the email. From what it seems in my emails with them, nighthawk will be dissolving cooper but does still have some parts to be able to do limited service work in the future at a cost. No warranty Will be honored. It is what it is at this point, it's just a little disappointing given the great customer service that Cooper once had.

I unfortunately am having the opposite experience. I have a copper m92 backcountry that has had issues since day 1. Been trying to get it in since I bought it at the end of last year but cooper customer service stopped all communications once they got word of the transition. I reached out to nighthawk and it's been a nightmare. Was told today, after 6 weeks of no reply, that they will not be honoring my cooper warranty because cooper of Montana no longer exists. They said once they are able to take in firearms for repair (they don't know when that will be) that my warranty is void and I will have to pay. Disappointing to say the least.
Had a 280ai backcountry that would not shoot no matter the load. I knew the answer but figured I would give contacting Nighthawk a try. Instead of telling me they are not doing any warranty work from Montana they just choose to ignore every attempt at contact. Wouldn't buy a hotdog from those clowns.

fwafwow

WKR
Had a 280ai backcountry that would not shoot no matter the load. I knew the answer but figured I would give contacting Nighthawk a try. Instead of telling me they are not doing any warranty work from Montana they just choose to ignore every attempt at contact. Wouldn't buy a hotdog from those clowns.
I had a small amount of hope/excitement when I saw there was an update to this thread. I thought "Maybe there is an update and Nighthawk decided to capture some goodwill by doing the right thing." Sounds like, at least from what I've seen in this thread, that they instead decided that the risk of losing goodwill was low.

I would still welcome more information, from Cooper or Nighthawk, including the nature of the deal (to the extent it can be shared). It seems odd they would buy the company name, or have any sort of announcement of same, and not have some plans for the use of the Cooper name. If they have no such plans, it would have been better (IMHO) to never connect their name to Cooper. But now the inaction and failures to respond are impacting the Nighthawk brand.

I had a small amount of hope/excitement when I saw there was an update to this thread. I thought "Maybe there is an update and Nighthawk decided to capture some goodwill by doing the right thing." Sounds like, at least from what I've seen in this thread, that they instead decided that the risk of losing goodwill was low.

I would still welcome more information, from Cooper or Nighthawk, including the nature of the deal (to the extent it can be shared). It seems odd they would buy the company name, or have any sort of announcement of same, and not have some plans for the use of the Cooper name. If they have no such plans, it would have been better (IMHO) to never connect their name to Cooper. But now the inaction and failures to respond are impacting the Nighthawk brand.
To be completely honest im not upset with the outcome. I don't expect a company to warrant issues from a shop that sells or folds. I was just disappointed with how they have been handling the transition

fwafwow

WKR
To be completely honest im not upset with the outcome. I don't expect a company to warrant issues from a shop that sells or folds. I was just disappointed with how they have been handling the transition
I’m in agreement. But if this is their chosen approach, why announce they bought “Cooper”? Just buy the IP and machinery and move on. I’m also not looking for warranty work - just that there are competent people who I can pay if something is needed.

New update
My Backcountry has recently gone down the road at a 1,000$ loss to a close friend who wanted a "project". Regardless of their progress I have zero desire to purchase from them. There are other manufacturers that already have proven quality and will more than likely beat the Arkansas clans prices by a good margain.

fwafwow

WKR
Thanks for posting this - which I should have seen if I had been paying better attention. I emailed them on Saturday evening about new magazines and received a reply today that they expect to have them available this summer. Fingers crossed that's accurate, and a good sign of what to expect going forward.