NL Pure

Looking for feedback info on the Swarovski 12x42 pure binos. Either good or bad. I’ve had Swarovski optics for the past 30 years. I’ve heard great things about about them. I’ve got the chance to look through them for a short period but not enough to make a decision. Thanks for looking

Untamed

Lil-Rokslider
I bought mine a year ago. No regrets. I was looking at the EL 12x50 but the size and ergonomics of the NL is worth the extra $. I wear them in my chest harness every hunt. 12’s feel like 10’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JakeSCH

WKR
Love mine. The FRP makes a big difference hand holding, to me its no different than holding 10x. The only downside from the NL Pures is that I get some glare issues right at sunset that I didn't get with my EL's (glass at the hill the sun is setting behind). The glare doesn't make them unusable, just not as ideal.

I am stoked to get real field experience with them (other than scouting and comparing binos) in two weeks.

wyosteve

WKR
Just picked up my NL Pure 12 x 42's. Sold my 10x42 EL's in the spring. The 12's are incredible. Noticeable difference from the 10's. Feel great in my hands and with the forehead rest I have no problem hand holding them. Plus, they fit great in my AGC Kiss harness. Definitely worth the upgrade for me.

scott_co

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using Vortex Razor 10x42 HDs for the last several years. The NL Pure 12x42 are a definite step up. The Razor's are good in bright daylight, but the color contrast and resolution are noticeably better with the Pure's.

Also, I started to wear glasses again since my vision regressed a little after Lasik. The Pure's just fit my eyes better and provide a better FOV when wearing glasses.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have been using Vortex Razor 10x42 HDs for the last several years. The NL Pure 12x42 are a definite step up. The Razor's are good in bright daylight, but the color contrast and resolution are noticeably better with the Pure's.

Also, I started to wear glasses again since my vision regressed a little after Lasik. The Pure's just fit my eyes better and provide a better FOV when wearing glasses.

Scott if you haven’t yet, try the FRP forehead rest - great add on especially for those of us who wear glasses. Reduces pressure on your nose pieces that dig into your skull and helps keep your eye-glasses much cleaner and scratch free. Love it on my 12x42 NLP’s!!

Coop
https://rentoutdoorgear.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pc3

WKR
15x56 SLCs are Abbe-Koenig Prisms, NLs are SP. Doubt their going to try to shoehorn the two together.
Ahh. I had forgotton about that. Thankyou. The Meopta 15's are SP if I recall correctly and your are supposed to get better performance from the AK prisms, though they say the Meopta 15's are great as well.

DDR

FNG
Good info as I’m looking into purchasing the 12x42 NL Pures. Thanks!

I hunt in Tennessee so my vistas are hardwoods or cut crop fields. I am considering the 8x42s for the massive viewing angle that is over 9 degrees (highest in industry), huge FOV and larger exit pupil for low light viewing in woods.

I am deciding between the Zeiss Victory SF or Swarovski NL Pure.