NO SNOW!!!

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
I saw the East is getting hit hard with rain but the west is bone dry. Nothing really in forecast either. My buddies that rely on winter snow tourism are getting killed with cancellations!! Could be good for the animals though. I’m kinda itching for something to move the ducks south but all we have is inversion and fog. Brutal!

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
The temperatures have been very mild as well, the frost is only about 8" deep in Alberta right now. Usually it's a couple feet by now. This may be really good for the wildlife

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing in Central (Helena) montana. It was 60 in great falls yesterday and no snow up to Havre either. I don't think we've had measurable snow since Halloween. It's mostly been in the low 40s for highs or warmer for over a month.

ianpadron

WKR
Haven't even put bindings on my new powder skis haha

Hitting the front tomorrow with my dogs to kill some birds on the prairie. Last year at this time I was in waist deep pow in the Swan range, tree skiing paradise...oh well, gonna make the most of it either way.

I live a 1000 ft above Butte. We have a firm 2" of ice/snow. The creeks are frozen and sun is shining. In a normal year we would have knee deep snow. However it snowed nearly every week all summer with record amounts of moisture.

I would love to say this has never happened before but no such luck. My neighbor said before he died that when he was a boy in the early 1920s that we never got any snow until the first of March and them it snowed every day until mid May. I can hardly wait.

jmez

WKR
There were geese moving across western SD today.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Pretty sad here in the Clearwater Region of Idaho. I guess we will see how fast El Niño breaks this winter but so far the weather service and climate center has been pretty spot on with their weather and precipitation predictions.

I went out a week ago and scanned nearly 50 miles of the Clark Fork basin. Two geese and 4 ducks. I declared defeat and walked away.

CorbLand

WKR
Glad to hear it’s not just me. Put about 350 miles on the wheels looking for waterfowl the last couple weeks and have seen about 15 ducks and 7 geese. Pretty bad with three to five weeks left in the season.