NO SNOW!!!

Cubby

WKR
I live in SE MT and the geese are everywhere over here, weather still in the 40s

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I need to know how this happened.

Freezing rain and black ice. Deputy was investigating a stuck disabled box truck and he was also disabled/stuck. Our truck tried to go around the box truck to put out salt and due to the incline of the road and ice, he just slid down into the deputies truck and went over the side. He was literally stopped but kept sliding. We had the hwy shut down for over a day. You couldn't physically stand on the road due to the ice.

Randy

CorbLand

WKR
Freezing rain and black ice. Deputy was investigating a stuck disabled box truck and he was also disabled/stuck. Our truck tried to go around the box truck to put out salt and due to the incline of the road and ice, he just slid down into the deputies truck and went over the side. He was literally stopped but kept sliding. We had the hwy shut down for over a day. You couldn't physically stand on the road due to the ice.

Randy
Thats a bad day. Glad to hear nobody was hurt. Vehicles can be replaced.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Bookmarking this thread for when some dumb-ass who's "not from around here* [cough, cough] wants to drive on ice because he's used to snow back home ...

"Re-located" doesn't always mean dumb-ass, but for Yankees it does.

Hang in there, boys. Maybe powder is coming. Though for the life of me I wouldn't know what to do with it ... A slush fort and iceballs is as good as gets, here ... And we run out of ammo fast ...

Randy
It was treacherous all over SW Idaho Tuesday morning. We don't normally see freezing rain .

no snow, also means no water in the summer, especially in the rivers. Might also mean you can't see due to all the smoke. But when winter comes in like a lamb, it usually goes out like a lion.

You folks need a point of reference. I live on the continental divide. Snow doesn't mean anything to me. When it thaws the ground is frozen and it runs off to the lower elevations. We depend on the May- June rains and this last year we got 3-4 times what was normal.

OP
downthepipe

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
You folks need a point of reference. I live on the continental divide. Snow doesn't mean anything to me. When it thaws the ground is frozen and it runs off to the lower elevations. We depend on the May- June rains and this last year we got 3-4 times what was normal.
Well my point is reference is hundreds of thousands of people rely on the snow for their economic survival and so far it’s been a rough start. Also no ducks moving south from Alberta and Montana affects my happiness hahaha!!

Maybe we have look at this from a differant point of view. After those canadians invaded us every week last year - they are just tired and are taking a year off.

For a side point - this is the first time that I haven't had a waterfowl season in 63 years. I feel cheated.

MTtrout

WKR
Interesting start to the first day of winter. There’s still about and inch or so of snow left in my yard holding on for a white”ish” Christmas. There’s some hard water to be found but still fishing the rivers. Ducks have been descent but we are not part of a major flyway

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Get used to it, fellas. Global warming is real and it sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
I believe the current correct talking point phrase is "climate change is real and it scary"

I hate to break this to folks, but the climate has changed multiple times throughout the Earth’s existence. It probably has much more to do with the sun (flares, etc) and polarity changes. Not the CO2 you exhale.

OP
downthepipe

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the current correct talking point phrase is "climate change is real and it scary"

I hate to break this to folks, but the climate has changed multiple times throughout the Earth’s existence. It probably has much more to do with the sun (flares, etc) and polarity changes. Not the CO2 you exhale.
Per NASA:
  • The annual rate of increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide over the past 60 years is about 100 times faster than previous natural increases, such as those that occurred at the end of the last ice age 11,000-17,000 years ago.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Per NASA:
  • The annual rate of increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide over the past 60 years is about 100 times faster than previous natural increases, such as those that occurred at the end of the last ice age 11,000-17,000 years ago.
Ok.

What percentage does CO2 currently make up of the earth's atmosphere, and how does that compare with historical "data"?

The updated outlook from 12/21 doesn’t look too promising for snow enthusiasts unless you’re in the Southwestern US, Utah, and Colorado

logem

FNG
Snow is still on the ground in the Santa Fe area of New Mexico from the last two weeks, or more. It's supposed to snow about another 3-4 inch more on Dec 23-24. So we will have a white Christmas, I think..

Our local ski areas opened early and are doing well, I thin.k.

I like how we have a solid El Nino for the first time in a while, with an absolute perfect representation of what that weather pattern entails, and people automatically cry global warming. Some people are beyond brainwashed about this subject and I'm not sure if it's hilarious or scary. A bunch of snow? Climate change. Not very much snow? Climate change. Too much rain? Climate change. Not enough rain? Climate change. Give it another year and it'll be the opposite. It's almost like Mother Nature balances itself out or something? Nope, climate change.