Non-big game bucket list hunts

DuckDogDr

WKR
I would like to get all the species of grouse.
And a grand slam on Turkey.

A good Prarie dog town is like whack a mile for adults

And coyotes are always a blast

Donjuan

WKR
Many of us have a bucket list idea of big game hunts like Alaskan Grizzly or Red Deer in Argentina: but what about a scaled back hunt for say unique small game. Something that would likely be less strenuous (physically and financially) and would not require planning for difficult areas to draw a tag for. Something you could take friends and family along and feel a bit less pressure to have a successful hunt.

I have a couple of examples from pretty simple hunts to those that would require travel and a bit of planning.

First I want to get a good specimen of a large Fox Squirrel. I used to see them quite often but haven't seen them lately where I hunt. Not sure I would mount it but I would likely save the hide-and of course make some squirrel dumplings.

I'd like to hunt Gambel's Quail, snowshoe hare and a few species of waterfowl that I have not harvested so far. I'd love to do a dove hunt in South America and hunt Ptarmigan in Alaska.

What are some hunts for small game you are planning or want to plan down the road?
I've had a dream to spend the last 2 weeks of January hunting quail with my dog on the Cimarron in sw ks then go to Black Kettle in OK. Then finish up swinging through NM and AZ and hopefully find all 3 species of quail they have.

I've also become a steelhead spey addict

ODB

WKR
I’d really like to hunt sand grouse, spur fowl, and Guinea fowl in Kenya (if they ever re-open the seasons) or Tanzania.

I've had a dream to spend the last 2 weeks of January hunting quail with my dog on the Cimarron in sw ks then go to Black Kettle in OK. Then finish up swinging through NM and AZ and hopefully find all 3 species of quail they have.

I've also become a steelhead spey addict
Don, You can get Bobwhites, Scaled, Gambel's and Mearns Quail on the trip you mention. Sounds like a fun one...Good luck, and shoot a rooster too!!!

Not sure about the season dates on Lesser Prairie Chickens in SW KS but there used to be one as well...

Tberg

Lil-Rokslider
Everglades archery alligator, spring snow goose, Texas exotics/hogs, Argentina wing shoooting.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I need an Osceola for my Royal Slam. Have not given up on getting him DIY but boy is that tough.

Albert’s Squirrel in northern AZ. And all the delicious quail in AZ.

Yarak

WKR
Public land Osceola
Just cant get anyone to go with me and dont need to go by myself

Mallards in flooded timber is pretty high on the list for me.

And I sincerely regret not getting a drake wood duck on the wall.

gabenzeke

WKR
Wolves, lynx with hounds, snowcock, chukkar, spring hooters in Alaska

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I need an Osceola for my Royal Slam. Have not given up on getting him DIY but boy is that tough.
If you ever decide you are willing to go with an outfitter, I know a guy who has the hunting rights to some big time private property in SW Fl. I have been on a couple of duck hunts with him, but he also does gator, Osceola, hogs, the whole 9 yards.