Nonresident Exclusions

jmez

WKR
Plenty of great opportunity in WY out of the wilderness areas. A lot of it you can't, or wouldn't want to hunt without horses.

Doesn't justify the law but I learned a long time ago to not worry about things I have no control over and can't affect change. P

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

BuzzH

WKR
Would you mind detailing how? Just curious.

Hey, would you mind to explain how this can be done? I'd be intersted to know, wilderness or no wilderness! Thanks

Yeah, WY youth NR bull elk tags are $275, NR youth cow/calf permits are $100 and buck pronghorn are $110. I don't know, I just apply both of my nephews for elk, deer, and pronghorn in Wyoming, very affordable and they enjoy hunting here.

NR cow/calf tags are $288 as well.

Haven't read all the replys, getting late and it's been a long week. I understand that the states own the resource (animals). The residents get the benefits, even tho it's federal land.

What happens if the national resources (land i.e. national Forest, blm, and finally the sacred wilderness areas) are revoked by the non residents?

The residents going to be happy with all the tags they have that are for private land only? Maybe some state land?

Maybe this was brought up, didn't read everything.

Just my 2 cent.

What about the 3,000,000 or so acres of public land in Wyoming that you could hunt as a nonresident, but there’s no legal access because it is encompassed by private property with no easement? That’s about the same amount as all of the wilderness in the entire state. It’d be nice to incentivize some of these property owners to grant easements into some of these parcels. The state fish and game agency has a program called “access yes”, and other hunting related NGO’s are working on this. This is something that you can work on to open up opportunities.

Rokbar

WKR
Yeah, WY youth NR bull elk tags are $275, NR youth cow/calf permits are $100 and buck pronghorn are $110. I don't know, I just apply both of my nephews for elk, deer, and pronghorn in Wyoming, very affordable and they enjoy hunting here.

NR cow/calf tags are $288 as well.
Thanks, unfortunately I'm too old to qualify.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
this^^
Next these guys are gonna wanna dipnet and collect a pfd.

now that being said, I wouldn’t be opposed to agreements between states, the thing is everybody want to hunt alaska without residency restrictions while ignoring that their state also has restrictions that keep Alaskans out. I wouldn’t mind being able to go down and hunt for mule deer etc as a resident but we can’t.

VernAK

WKR
Anchorage Pravda says we get our PFD in July........$900 is about enough to buy some sockeyes from a beach netter so I don't have to participate in the dipnetting nightmare.

I qualify for Federal Subsistence Hunts but can't stand that mess either.

It's good to be old!

wytx

WKR
Thanks, unfortunately I'm too old to qualify.
Reduced price cow /calf tags and doe fawn tags . You can hunt cow elk in lots of NF areas without needing wilderness access. Reduced price licenses are a random draw , no PP.

Rokbar

WKR
Reduced price cow /calf tags and doe fawn tags . You can hunt cow elk in lots of NF areas without needing wilderness access. Reduced price licenses are a random draw , no PP.
yea, I'm still learning the draw system of the western states.