Northern Idaho Spring Bear 2021

The idea of getting on a higher vantage point and glassing is not necasarily the correct way.
Lots of guys get it done inthe spring season, but you can't use fall style hunting to get it done.
Priest has lots of bears, and is very thick vegation just like most of north idaho.

Bwat82

FNG
I am planning a spring bear hunt to Northern Idaho this upcoming May/June following my college graduation. I’m new to hunting western big game but have chased white tails my whole life in the southeast. I know it is a whole different ball game out west but I’ve always had a passion for hunting and want to venture outside of what I’ve became accustomed to. That being said, I’m in the early stages of planning this trip and wanted to seek some advice from you old timers. I’ve had my eye on unit 1 in Idaho because of there being no baiting/hounds and wanted to do a spot and stalk. Seems like there won’t be much hunting pressure. Everything I’ve read seems like priest lake is a good starting point but I do not know how late in the season I will need to go to be able to access due to snow? And will I be able to get to areas where I can glass or is everything pretty much forested.

I’ll happily accept any advice! I just want to be prepared and do my research so I can set myself up for success and a safe trip. Thank you.
Curious how this hunt turned out for you! Headed up in May for our first Idaho hunt. Did you hunt unit 1?