Nosler Model 21

Boonie327

FNG
I feel like they were so close to getting this rifle right on the money. Assuming they worked the gremlins with the feeding problems, they still missed it with the stock geometry. I know a lot of people love that stock and build rifles with it, but it’s not helping the recoil with this rifle. If they could’ve found a stock with a negative comb to use it would’ve helped a lot.

My M48 has been at Nosler since July. Came back once still not right in October. I wish I had better things to say but I am not happy thus far.

mms2

FNG
My M48 has been at Nosler since July. Came back once still not right in October. I wish I had better things to say but I am not happy thus far.
What’s wrong with your m48? I have 2 and are my main hunting rifles

rondog643

FNG
Anyone have advice on going with the lightweight Talley lows or mids on the Nos m21? Vx5 HD 3- 15 44mm.
Thanks.

ALScott

FNG
Classified Approved
I put VX-6 3-18x50 on mine. Called Talley and they suggested medium for that which was fine but the rings were too far apart and would not work with that scope. Had to use the base that came on rifle and Leupold rings. Had already lapped the Talleys too.

rondog643

FNG
I put VX-6 3-18x50 on mine. Called Talley and they suggested medium for that which was fine but the rings were too far apart and would not work with that scope. Had to use the base that came on rifle and Leupold rings. Had already lapped the Talleys too.
Good to know and unfortunate. I’m guessing I’d probably run into the same issue with my VX-5?

rondog643

FNG
I would assume so as I believe the 5 and 6 bodies are identical. Double check on specs on website.
I ended up trying the talley lightweight mediums with my vx5hd 3-15 and they fit, but with zero tube length to spare. Fortunately the eye relief is spot on (for me) because there's no room for adjustment. The scope height is as low as you can go without having interference with the bolt knob. I'm very pleased, but understand it might not work for others - worth a try though. The rings lined up perfect so I couldn't justify lapping.

Good to know and unfortunate. I’m guessing I’d probably run into the same issue with my VX-5?
So will a Nosler 21 in 300wm work with Talley 1 piece rings with a VX5? Or not enough tube length?
So will a Nosler 21 in 300wm work with Talley 1 piece rings with a VX5? Or not enough tube length?