Not a prepper, but… I was thinking about preparedness.

BBob

WKR
Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
Right there with ya man. I a member over at https://www.americancontingency.com/ which is ran by Mike Glover. hes ex military and a stand up dude. Youll find like minded folks who will help you on your journey.
So you can get to know him more here is his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/@MikeGloverActual

He also runs another site called https://fieldcraftsurvival.locals.com/ Youll find what your after there and more. to be a member you even have to pass a background check as they dont want the crazy people there either. Best of luck reach out if I can help with anything.
I came here to say this.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
What would CS Lewis say of our new COVID situation? ... Here’s what he said in 1948 about the mental shift required by living with the threat of the atomic bomb:

"In one way we think a great deal too much of the atomic bomb. “How are we to live in an atomic age?” I am tempted to reply: “Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of syphilis, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.”

In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us were going to die in unpleasant ways. We had, indeed, one very great advantage over our ancestors—anesthetics; but we have that still. It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.

This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.

— “On Living in an Atomic Age” (1948) in Present Concerns: Journalistic Essays

*zap*

WKR
“Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different…”

“Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work.”

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind."

"The greatest evils in the world will not be carried out by men with guns, but by men in suits sitting behind desks."

"One of the most cowardly things ordinary people do is to shut their eyes to facts."

C S Lewis

@Red Letters I believe we were asked politely to stick to the original topic ;)

T4LG post #170
that is the topic, some people think being prepared is nonsense others listen to people like this and dial in what they need to prepare for. They are telling us exactly how they plan on using the banking system to control people, they just gave an example of a trial run doing exactly that. (He also touched several other examples of what was done and how they used a ”crisis” to control the masses)
when people wake up one day and don’t have access to their bank accounts they will wish they had listened to what these so called leaders straight out told us what they were doing.
Having a food supply and a group of like minded people as a support system along with a number of the other things mentioned in this thread seems like a pretty good idea and this is the type of community that will likely do better than most when the time comes.

the only thing in this thread off topic are the couple guys that came in the thread to stir up stuff. In typical internet fashion guys can’t just skip over a subject they either have no connection with or in most cases they are just there to shut down the discourse

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
Hey! It’s obvious I agree with your post since I posted about the very same thing. I took T4LG’s warning “Feel free to start another thread regarding the mandates/govt etc.” as pointed to posts like this. If I’m mistaken then go for it.

And I was mistaken so we can carry on :)

Last edited:

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
To clear up any confusion, I was speaking to those who turned the thread topic from preparedness to vaccine mandates, which became argumentative, and took away from the thread topic.

I found this topic to be a good discussion with great viewpoints and information.

tony

WKR
I’ve been a big city to back woods paramedic, Pediatric ICU, ED and now prison nurse for little over 30 years combined.
I avoid medical conversations as much as I do ones on religion and politics
That said, I recommend this pod cast and their books. It’s not one of those ”you must carry a 14 gauge needle in your wallet at all times! And 6 tourniquets on you!”

Gone4Days

WKR
Who is suggesting that a FED CBDC isn't a possibility? No one that I can see. To clarify my position because you seem to not understand it, I believe anyone who thinks that the FED establishing a digital currency will ultimately result in a forced shift from private banks to the FED system and ultimately end cash as a form of currency is clueless. I do agree with you on one thing, this does seem like an example of people who don’t know anything about a subject being ignorant. The US has a robust private domestic banking system (which I worked in for 25 years) that simply will not be replaced by the FED establishing a digital currency. Not to mention all the non-bank financial services providers that have cropped up over the last decade (e.g. crypto exchanges).

And the IRS and the FED are not affiliated, so you can go back to your bunker free from worry that a CBDC will result in IRS agents going door to door forcing citizens to give up their bank account in favor of a FED digital currency wallet.
So when citizens conduct transactions of goods and services greater than $600, who is going to audit those transaction to ensure the taxes are being paid on them? Who will send you the 1099-K? The IRS. They already started this with paypal and venmo.

MattB

WKR
So when citizens conduct transactions of goods and services greater than $600, who is going to audit those transaction to ensure the taxes are being paid on them? Who will send you the 1099-K? The IRS. They already started this with paypal and venmo.

That rule has nothing to do with CBDC. Keep grasping.