Not a prepper, but… I was thinking about preparedness.

Gone4Days

WKR
That rule has nothing to do with CBDC. Keep grasping.
How so? Jerome? Is that you? You really believe the IRS won’t be looking at digital transactions for tax purposes? lol wow. Can you offer any logical explanation to 87,000 new agents?

MattB (he/him) thinks the government has nothing but the best for us. Any government that could bomb or terrorize its own citizens doesn’t care about you.

Last edited:

Worldcoin CEO: ‘World ID’ Is Coming ‘Whether You Like It or Not’​

The CEO of Worldcoin has warned that a global digital ID system will be ushered in for citizens around the world whether they “like it or not.”
Worldcoin has developed a system that it pitches as “the world’s largest identity and financial public network.”
Essentially, the company has created a database that links digital cash, or Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs), with a digital identity system.
The company has created its own form of digital money called the Worldcoin token (WLD).
Linked to WLD is another of Worldcoin’s products – World ID.

World ID is a digital identity system that collects biometric data for individuals and holds it in a database that links to WLD transactions.
WLD and World ID are connected and accessed via the company’s World App.
World App is “an app that enables payment, purchases, and transfers globally using digital assets and traditional currencies,” according to Worldcoin.
Currently, those who voluntarily surrender their biometric data receive “small sums” in Worldcoin’s tokens in return for signing up for the World ID scheme.

(the rest of the article doesn’t get any better)

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
Any time a person starts a thread with “I’m not trying to get into conspiracy theories or anything.” Guess where that thread is going……

I have worked with 2 prepers over the years. I didn’t have the heart to tell either of them that if things went sideways they’d not last very long. It’s easy to prep when you’re sitting in your air conditioned living room with access to unlimited chilled food and water, Internet and the TV running in the background.

People never consider one of the biggest challenges they’d face. The mental side of things is something you can’t train or prepare for that I’ve seen. I‘m not a preper nor subscribe to that media but when I hear it discussed that subject is never addressed (that I’ve heard).

I’ve been in more than a few disaster zones after a catastrophic event, earthquake & hurricanes. It always amazes me how quickly people come apart. I’m not talking about the people who went through the event. Its understandable because they’ve been through some trauma. I’m referencing people who left the area and came back or showed up for restoration and support.

I had a co-worker meet me at a storm site that was pure devastation. Houses totally gone, cars & boats in or on top of houses. Wasteland. After he got out of his truck I watched him start to go in to shock. He kept looking around with a lost look on his face, just staring at everything. I tried to distract him by focusing on the job, talk him through it. It was his first storm, we managed but he was useless. Had other people, who I thought had it together, totally lose their schit after a few days in the zone. You just never know who can handle it and who can’t.

Last edited:

DuckDogDr

WKR
Learn to can meat, vegetables and just about anything.

I had some canned potatoes tonight for supper that I put up 2 years ago, along with some canned venison I made 2 years ago.
Where did you learn to can meat

DuckDogDr

WKR
Any time a person starts a thread with “I’m not trying to get into conspiracy theories or anything.” Guess where that thread is going……

I have worked with 2 prepers over the years. I didn’t have the heart to tell either of them that if things went sideways they’d not last very long. It’s easy to prep when you’re sitting in your air conditioned living room with access to unlimited chilled food and water, Internet and the TV running in the background.

People never consider one of the biggest challenges they’d face. The mental side of things is something you can’t train or prepare for that I’ve seen. I‘m not a preper nor subscribe to that media but when I hear it discussed that subject is never addressed (that I’ve heard).

I’ve been in more than a few disaster zones after a catastrophic event, earthquake & hurricanes. It always amazes me how quickly people come apart. I’m not talking about the people who went through the event. Its understandable because they’ve been through some trauma. I’m referencing people who left the area and came back or showed up for restoration and support.

I had a co-worker meet me at a storm site that was pure devastation. Houses totally gone, cars & boats in or on top of houses. Wasteland. After he got out of his truck I watched him start to go in to shock. He kept looking around with a lost look on his face, just staring at everything. I tried to distract him by focusing on the job, talk him through it. It was his first storm, we managed but he was useless. Had other people, who I thought had it together, totally lose their schit after a few days in the zone. You just never know who can handle it and who can’t.
This..
Relatively small scale but I work ER (veterinarian) and it’s always a mixed bag of nuts what comes through the door.

On a diving trip in 2018 it was myself, a girl finishing up paramedic school and a pediatrician and about 15 other people on the boat.

We were doing a night dive and the dive master was stung on the face by something and went into anaphylactic shock. Luckily she made it back on the boat before she passed out .

We started through the motions and I asked the paramedic student let’s work this… when the girl started vomiting on herself and became non-responsive the paramedic student started exercism vomiting and started sobbing… the pediatrician said I’m retired and on vacation… (she was a piece of work anyway)

So ultimately it was me and my dive instructor who had actually trained me through the stress and rescue course that did supportive care until we met the ambulance at the boat ramp.

Divemaster pulled through ok . Was back diving at end of the week

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been a big city to back woods paramedic, Pediatric ICU, ED and now prison nurse for little over 30 years combined.
I avoid medical conversations as much as I do ones on religion and politics
That said, I recommend this pod cast and their books. It’s not one of those ”you must carry a 14 gauge needle in your wallet at all times! And 6 tourniquets on you!”

Tony, good recommendation. Also, I think we have some things in common career-wise. But how in someone's name do you do prison nursing??? I have worked with some former prison nurses and the stories even if half true are pretty amazing.

bozeman

WKR
@Crghss excellent points. I had to help on damage recon after an F5 tornado ripped through a small town. One of the first ones on the ground. Houses ‘gone’, cars wrapped around trees, painted circles on the ground where bodies had been found…..I’ll never forget it. The mental fortitude better be strong if there is a major catastrophic event…

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
My point is, there was no real loss of rights.

My kids went to a school that never wore masks, ever. You could if you wanted to but that’s it.

People made a choice. Most people didn’t think it was worth fighting over or agreed with the mandates and spacing and all the other crap. Those of us that didn’t agree just kept keeping on. If I walked up to a business that had a sign that said “masks required” then I turned around and went somewhere else. I supported the hell out of local businesses who didn’t care about the stupidity or hysteria. FYI, none of those businesses got fined, or shut down and no one was sent to jail.

I remember when the vaccine came out and the hospital was encouraging for staff to get it. People said they felt “pressured.” That was a BS, they may have felt peer pressured but the hospital didn’t pressure them at all. I went to HR and said “I’m opting out of the vaccine.” They handed me a piece of paper to sign and that was that. Never had anyone ever mentioned it again. No religious exemption, no medical exemption, no temper tantrums. I just said “I don’t want it.”
That sounds nice. That's not how things went here in Washington. I was ordered to take the vaccine or be kicked out of college and fired from both my jobs at the university. After I got the vaccine, I actually got fired for not showing my vax card to my supervisor. I fought it and got back to work, but only because the university was my employer, the rule said I had to show vax proof to my employer, not my supervisor and thus, didn't technically break the rule. Now sure, I could have just refused to vax and mask and the university would have had to take me back eventually. However, my law degree process would be delayed by two years or more and I would have been out of work. I was not technically forced, but I was coerced with both my livelihood and future career on the line.

ozyclint

WKR
You were coerced as many were.
Question is what is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back? What's is it that people will refuse to back down on?

That sounds nice. That's not how things went here in Washington. I was ordered to take the vaccine or be kicked out of college and fired from both my jobs at the university. After I got the vaccine, I actually got fired for not showing my vax card to my supervisor. I fought it and got back to work, but only because the university was my employer, the rule said I had to show vax proof to my employer, not my supervisor and thus, didn't technically break the rule. Now sure, I could have just refused to vax and mask and the university would have had to take me back eventually. However, my law degree process would be delayed by two years or more and I would have been out of work. I was not technically forced, but I was coerced with both my livelihood and future career on the line.
Wife is a nurse and I'm a Gov contractor, both were required to be stabbed and both stood our ground and waited to be fired, neither of us were and both are still pureblood. I whipped up a nice little form letter from an attorney I found, maybe that had something to do with it. Anyhow, I'm not sure the point you're trying to make, but if more people stood on their principles instead of caving in then everyone would've had an easier time resisting. The more people that caved the more others lost standing. I have no problem with people who wanted the shot, that's their prerogative, but the ones who didn't and caved to coercion I'm a bit annoyed with.

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
Wife is a nurse and I'm a Gov contractor, both were required to be stabbed and both stood our ground and waited to be fired, neither of us were and both are still pureblood. I whipped up a nice little form letter from an attorney I found, maybe that had something to do with it. Anyhow, I'm not sure the point you're trying to make, but if more people stood on their principles instead of caving in then everyone would've had an easier time resisting. The more people that caved the more others lost standing. I have no problem with people who wanted the shot, that's their prerogative, but the ones who didn't and caved to coercion I'm a bit annoyed with.
Point well taken. It won't happen again.

Dented

WKR
I remain pure. Work pushed for the shot, I flatly refused. Fire me, I have standing job offers, I'll happily move on down the road.