Nu-Way propane stove experience?

z987k

WKR
Last week we used a Nu-Way in our AO10, went through one 20# tank in two nights, but it was very cold (well below 0), nights are long, and we did not use a damper. My buddy went through 5.5 tanks in 7 nights in an AO12. Gonna bring the damper this week and 5 tanks of propane just in case! I really like this stove, so easy to use and plenty warm!
You guys are running them as low as they go all night? 100lbs of propane in a week. That's a lot. Makes me think road or boat hunts with no packing anything type of hunt, not something remote.

You could do a 1000W generator and a Chinese diesel for less weight.

svivian

WKR
You guys are running them as low as they go all night? 100lbs of propane in a week. That's a lot. Makes me think road or boat hunts with no packing anything type of hunt, not something remote.

You could do a 1000W generator and a Chinese diesel for less weight.
This is why I asked the question above. Two 100ah batteries would last 7-10 days in my mind.

With any propane heater if it is exhausting outside the encloser you will not be getting condensation inside. The condensation is from the combustion and moisture in the air being burned. any other condensation is from breathing and no air movement to carry away the condensation.

I just used mine for 6 nights, went through 2 20lb’ers this time. It was a brand new two burner NuWay with damper in an AO10 and I monitored the settings pretty close throughout the night, mostly one burner on low.

mod7rem

FNG
We used my NuWay stove in an AO10 in sept on an 8 day caribou hunt in northern BC. Over night temps down to freezing. Used it in the mornings and evenings, and only used it overnight I think twice. Only needed one burner on a low to medium setting, and just started using a second 20lb tank on our last night.

Luked

WKR
I had a Nu-Way that I used in a Cabelas Alkank tent and it did not work well at all.
I had mine running out a 5" pipe out the top. Used a 3"-5" from the stove to the pipe to attach it.
Mine all the heat would go straight out the pipe and would not heat the tent well at all.
I tried to put a damper in the pipe which helped some but the heat still went straight out the top
Mine also burned a ton of propane. I mean like a 20lb cyl would last a day if that.
My brother has an old Warm Morning propane and with that thing set on 2 out of 10 it will run you out of the tent it gets so hot, and hardly uses any propane at all.
Just my experience with the NuWay. I think if you could manage a way to keep the heat from going straight out the pipe it would be a killer little stove setup.

z987k

WKR
I just used mine for 6 nights, went through 2 20lb’ers this time. It was a brand new two burner NuWay with damper in an AO10 and I monitored the settings pretty close throughout the night, mostly one burner on low.
That is a crap ton of weight in fuel for that much time. Thank you for the report though. Helps me write the thing off wholesale.

z987k

WKR
This is why I asked the question above. Two 100ah batteries would last 7-10 days in my mind.
When I've looked at those in the past, they use about 7A with the fan, pump and glow plug running. About 3A with the fan on high, glow plug off and about .5A with the fan on low once it's reached the temp you set it at. They use about .15L/hr at that low setting to maintain.

So you might be able to get 150 hours or so out of a 100Ah battery. Use probably 6-7gal of fuel in that time.

6 eight hour nights running all night would be about 1.9gal(12.75lbs) of fuel, somewhere near 40Ah with the high amp starts every evening.

That is a crap ton of weight in fuel for that much time. Thank you for the report though. Helps me write the thing off wholesale.

For truck camping or flying in with a Beaver, it's really not that big of a deal. I'll continue to use it when it makes sense, no mess, dry heat and simple as can be.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'd rather pack more propane than listen to a diesel generator all night running a diesel heater

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk