NULA rifles

Just a totally different thing. The nulas had scaled down actions like a Kimber or something rather than a lightened version of an existing action if that makes sense. The stocks were also basically individually made for each action/barrel.

Remington mountain rifles are nice but I believe they more or less just put a lighter barrel on a normal 700 action then put it in a bell and Carlson stock.
Thanks, I was wondering about that, so NULAs are pretty much custom rifles.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks, I was wondering about that, so NULAs are pretty much custom rifles.
Yeah, Melvin made like 6 models depending on cartridge, he had his own proprietary stock that he made for each gun. The buyer could choose stainless or not, barrel length, length of pull on the stock, a few other things, I’m sure I’m leaving something out. But yeah, the Melvin Forbes NULA rifles were custom.

The new Wilson combat NULA rifles aren’t custom, they have a product line and you just choose which one you want, I don’t believe they build them for you, you can just order one off gunbroker so while it may be “high end”, it’s just a nice factory rifle.

Nothing wrong with your Remington the mountain rifle just had a lighter slimmer barrel and an all weather stock. Cool guns for sure.

Boonie327

FNG
Is is worth buying Forbes 20B for $1000,

If it's in good shape and in a caliber you like - yes. Enjoy it as is or if you care to have it NULA'd up to some extent at Outkast.
I agree. It’d be hard to go wrong. Especially if it’s in decent shape. Worst case is use it for a few seasons and then have OutKast customize it or rechamber to something you’d prefer.