NV Guide Draw - Mule Deer

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Brother drew 101 - 109 Late with Greg too, that means I will be in camp too to help glass and hopefully pack out.......now just need some good snow in late Oct to bring some big boys down the mountain.

OP
robie

robie

WKR
Brother drew 101 - 109 Late with Greg too, that means I will be in camp too to help glass and hopefully pack out.......now just need some good snow in late Oct to bring some big boys down the mountain.
Congrats to your brother. How many points did he have?

Wolf13

FNG
Drew nothing with Greg, but kind of expected that with having no points. My motto however is you can't draw what you don't apply for. Congrats, and good luck! Can't wait to see pictures and a report.

Billinsd

WKR
Just found out I drew 221-223 Early tag with 4 points. Looking forward to hunting with Greg Krogh and his crew!

Anyone else get lucky in the guide draw?
I had 14 points!!
Actually I didn't apply for that hunt. Good luck, I really want to hear about your hunt with Greg on that early hunt!!

Last edited:
I drew 241-245 with Greg in 2016 with 4 pts. Greg and I hunted the last week and had a great time. Hunted with Jeff Row for a couple days as well. Guided hunts aren’t my thing, but that is a first class crew!

OP
robie

robie

WKR
I drew 241-245 with Greg in 2016 with 4 pts. Greg and I hunted the last week and had a great time. Hunted with Jeff Row for a couple days as well. Guided hunts aren’t my thing, but that is a first class crew!

How did the hunt end up for you? Did you get a deer? Were you seeing lots?

Talked to Greg today. Said moisture in NV is looking good, but we won't know if the lack of Monsoon last year effects the antler growth until summer. He also said steak dinner each night! Sounds like a rough week!

We didn’t see a lot of deer. It was a grind for sure. I shot a mid 180’s buck on the last day and ate my body weight in ribeyes! Haha.

I drew 221-223 early the following year and hunted on my own. It was a surprisingly good hunt and I hunted two giants for several days. They were smart, lived in a tough spot and didn’t show much. Ultimately, I wasn’t able to get it done.

I should mention that while hunting with Greg, we were on separate glassing knobs when he located a big buck under me. I closed in and ultimately passed. It was 28” wide 4 point with a few extras and a 12” dropper with a ball on the end. I should have killed it...probably 😬

OP
robie

robie

WKR
We didn’t see a lot of deer. It was a grind for sure. I shot a mid 180’s buck on the last day and ate my body weight in ribeyes! Haha.

I drew 221-223 early the following year and hunted on my own. It was a surprisingly good hunt and I hunted two giants for several days. They were smart, lived in a tough spot and didn’t show much. Ultimately, I wasn’t able to get it done.

Sounds like a nice deer. I would be happy with a 185" deer.

On your 221-223 early hunt were the deer migrating through? Did you go the first half or second half of the hunt?

I hunted 10 or 11 days; most of the hunt. I hunted way below the migration corridor down in 223. Lots of deer up there up around the pass, but lots of people and all the outfitters. It’s busy!

OP
robie

robie

WKR
I just talked to my guide and he said the deer are way down. Offered my deposit back if I want to turn the tag back. Said haven't seen a deer that would hit 180".

Not the news I was hoping to hear. Anyone turned their tag back before in NV? I'm sure it will be a while before I draw again but when the goal is a 150-160" it makes it tough to pay that kind of money.