Odds my July NWT dall hunt happens?

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
If you don't mind me asking, are you a US or Canadian resident? I'm holding onto hope that they will allow Canadian residents in.

US resident but it doesnt sound like they are going to let Canadian residents hunt either...

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
US resident but it doesnt sound like they are going to let Canadian residents hunt either...

I wonder if BC will follow along with that. At this point I’d love for that call to be made now for the season. The unknown is the worst. Hopefully we can get back to hunting normally by next year.

ejs21

FNG

No its not looking promising but the outfitters are still working to make it happen for Canadian hunters at the very least. Its an absolute mess for everyone involved!

Old and gray

Lil-Rokslider
Got the official word from my outfitter (Harold from Gana River) that all of their hunts for 2020 are cancelled. Fortunately will still be able to go in 2021 as everyone bumped back a year. It is tough for all involved. As much as I have been looking forward to going I feel this is the right decision.
I’m also booked with Harold, but haven’t got the word yet. This makes three hunting trips and two fishing trips canceled.

walleyes

FNG
Sounds like the NWT government made it official that there will be no tourists this fall. This will include all US hunters. 🙁. So I gues that ends hoping for hunt in August or September even if they did open the border.

My mid-Sept Mt Caribou hunt in the Mackenzie Mts, NWT was postponed today by the outfitter with comments similar to what walleyes states above.

MDM23

FNG
Back when COVID first got going in the US in March I said if my July sheep hunt gets postponed because of it we got bigger things to worry about. Now that that has happened I don’t know what to think....

Reactions: OMB

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
CZZZ
Canada
Canada has extended its border restrictions until July 31. Non-resident foreigners are banned but there are some exceptions to the rule, including flight crew. Passengers travelling from the US for an essential reason are okay. Otherwise pax must meet one of a number of special criteria <https://fsbureau.us2.list-manage.co...61dc5600b058300642&id=b61d5d337b&e=b9eb3bc7fe> to be let in. A mandatory 14 day home quarantine applies to all arrivals. Flight restrictions remain in place - all international flights to Canada (except those from the US, Mexico, Central/South America and the Caribbean) are only allowed to land at CYYZ/Toronto, CYVR/Vancouver, CYUL/Montreal and CYYC/Calgary. All other airports remain available for tech stops (when pax remain onboard) and for use as alternates (CZUL Notam H1432/20 refers).

CZZZ
Canada
Canada has extended its border restrictions until July 31......
I don’t see July 31 anywhere in there. Does this refer to the July 21 date set a week or so ago or has there been a change? Makes a huge difference to my July 27 travel plans Thanks

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t see July 31 anywhere in there. Does this refer to the July 21 date set a week or so ago or has there been a change? Makes a huge difference to my July 27 travel plans Thanks
Man I really don’t know. A guide sent that to me. Sucks for sure.

KU_Geo

WKR
I didn’t see where they extended the border closure but it’s seems pretty much inevitable that all hunts for us residents this fall are pretty much toast.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t see where they extended the border closure but it’s seems pretty much inevitable that all hunts for us residents this fall are pretty much toast.

Has anyone had a September hunt cancelled anywhere yet? Besides YT or NWT?

slatty

WKR
Hi guys,
Sorry to hear about your troubles, it's a bad situation for everyone, regardless. Seeing the conversation and the news and the trends in COVID in the US, I don't think that there will be any nonresident (out of country) hunting this season in Canada. Out of province hunters can probably make it work but I don't think any out of country hunters will hunt in Canada this fall. I appreciate many have a lot of funds and work invested in these hunts. I'm in no way involved in the hunting industry, just giving my opinion. Hope everyone has an enjoyable season closer to home.

Kotaman

WKR
Appears as if I’m officially done. Closure to atleast July 31 plus a 14 day quarantine kills my August 1 sheep hunt. Waited 58 years for this. I guess I can wait one more. (That last line is me trying to maintain a good attitude. Doubt I’m fooling anyone, especially my supportive family).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this order doesn't have anything to do with US Citizens. The order that expires 7/21 is the one to watch for us. I'm guessing that one is going to be extended as well, but this particular order is for foreign nationals entering Canada from anywhere but the US. You really won't know your fate for sure until 7/21, but don't hold your breath because I don't think any of us will be sheep hunting in Canada this year. :cry:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this order doesn't have anything to do with US Citizens. The order that expires 7/21 is the one to watch for us. I'm guessing that one is going to be extended as well, but this particular order is for foreign nationals entering Canada from anywhere but the US. You really won't know your fate for sure until 7/21, but don't hold your breath because I don't think any of us will be sheep hunting in Canada this year. :cry:
Ottawa has extended for at least another month a sweeping travel ban that bars entry to all travellers who are not Canadian citizens, permanent residents or people entering from the U.S. for "essential" reasons.

The order, which was set to expire tonight, "has been extended until July 31 for public health reasons," Rebecca Purdy, spokesperson for the Canada Border Services Agency, said in a statement to CBC News.
Ottawa has extended for at least another month a sweeping travel ban that bars entry to all travellers who are not Canadian citizens, permanent residents or people entering from the U.S. for "essential" reasons.
1593701597795.png
I hope I’m reading it all wrong, and yes it’s most likely not going to matter either way, but this is what I used to determine it.

Kotaman

WKR
"A separate order prohibits non-essential travel between Canada and the U.S. and remains in effect until July 21; it was extended earlier this month. Under this order, essential workers, such as truckers and health workers, are allowed to cross the border"

Here was the section of that order I was referring to. A bit confusing I'd say. Either way, I don't think we are sheep hunting in Canada this fall.

"A separate order prohibits non-essential travel between Canada and the U.S. and remains in effect until July 21; it was extended earlier this month. Under this order, essential workers, such as truckers and health workers, are allowed to cross the border"

Here was the section of that order I was referring to. A bit confusing I'd say. Either way, I don't think we are sheep hunting in Canada this fall.
I see your point. You’re right, though, “either way...”

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I wish they could just say it then. I’ve come to the realization it’s not happening this year. Just would be nice to get it done with reschedule and move on. I feel bad for my outfitter spending all this time and energy mobilizing his operation. With little to no communication from his local or national government.